The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually convinced that the bot (“Someone” has been reading my posts about him (?) lately and has been liking and unliking my posts at a far higher rate than before I said anything.

View attachment 623059View attachment 623060View attachment 623061View attachment 623062View attachment 623059View attachment 623065View attachment 623059

That’s not even half of it. Maybe I am being used as some sort of weird science experiment by the mods.

As I've said previously, it happens to me too. It's just a glitch.

Do posters really care about likes?

Its not a matter of caring about likes, it’s a matter of it being a bit of an annoying glitch.

For example, I am on tapatalk and that’s all I use for this site (the web browser doesn’t actually seem to have this issue, as Loonerty said, so I should probably just use that but it’s a comfort thing too) and when I go to my notifications I might get someone who has quoted a post of mine that I can click into to read the post but I first have to scroll down past the system that has glitched and given me a bunch of fake likes.

I suppose it’s a silly thing to talk about when I am still getting to all the relevant quotes. But yeah, it has nothing to do with caring about likes, because you know, I am older than 10 years old :p

Why would a forum even have a like system? Bigfooty is the only forum I’ve been on to have it. Its always been a social media thing.

Its a method where someone can agree with something but not clog up the message board with posts such as “yep I agree”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get a sense of validation when I receive a like. It gives me purpose, strength and the will to carry on. They sustain me

It’s funny really, most well constructed, thought out posts will get far less likes than a copy and pasted meme. If anything the like function dumbs down forums etc
;)
e11ce9132208bb1cf9c64747a88c2979.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back