The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw Bohemian Rapsody the other day, nice film, but as someone who was born into this world with Freddie already dead, how accurate is the movie to his life and Queen?
Check the thread on the M&E board, some decent posts in there about that.

Saw Bohemian Rapsody the other day, nice film, but as someone who was born into this world with Freddie already dead, how accurate is the movie to his life and Queen?

There are a few inaccuracies. The band never broke up. Legend has it that Freddie Mercury told the band (or found out) about his aids diagnosis in 1986-87. Live Aid wasn’t a reunion for them as they toured the world in 1984/1985 (they actually played in Sydney and Melbourne a few months before Live Aid). We Will Rock You was written in 1977, not 1980. John Deacon wasn’t the bands original Bass player like the film shows. Freddie wasn’t the first member of Queen to release a solo album (that was Roger Taylor). Ray Foster wasn’t a real person.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Works_Tour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone ever felt like this before? I got home from training last night and my skin felt like it was on fire yet I was freezing inside and had to be covered up with blankets. Was the strangest feeling. Got a blood test and some throat swabs today to find out what it is. He said it’s definitely viral just not sure what kind.

Has anyone ever felt like this before? I got home from training last night and my skin felt like it was on fire yet I was freezing inside and had to be covered up with blankets. Was the strangest feeling. Got a blood test and some throat swabs today to find out what it is. He said it’s definitely viral just not sure what kind.
Hope that’s nothing too serious. Does just sound like a virus.

I used to play a lot of sport as a kid for schools and clubs. Rugby (that’s Union not that other silly code) and football mainly. One day after a school match my hands were so numb that I couldn’t do my trousers up so I got the teacher to do them up for me. Not long after my knee swelled up and I walked with a limp for six months - funnily enough it disappeared when I was chased in Liverpool by about 20 scousers after an Everton match. Anyway to cut a long story short the symptoms went away but more problems then arose in my early 20’s. Ended up being a condition where your joints fuse together - ankylosing spondylitis. Thankfully it went into remission and I didn’t end up as something of a cripple but it’s left me having to take strong painkillers every day for the rest of my life.

Hope that’s nothing too serious. Does just sound like a virus.

I used to play a lot of sport as a kid for schools and clubs. Rugby (that’s Union not that other silly code) and football mainly. One day after a school match my hands were so numb that I couldn’t do my trousers up so I got the teacher to do them up for me. Not long after my knee swelled up and I walked with a limp for six months - funnily enough it disappeared when I was chased in Liverpool by about 20 scousers after an Everton match. Anyway to cut a long story short the symptoms went away but more problems then arose in my early 20’s. Ended up being a condition where your joints fuse together - ankylosing spondylitis. Thankfully it went into remission and I didn’t end up as something of a cripple but it’s left me having to take strong painkillers every day for the rest of my life.
I’ve heard of that and it doesn’t sound pleasant at all!

Funny short story. My brother works in a lab and he was doing some of the tests on my blood sample! Haha. Possibility of glandular fever.

Its a method where someone can agree with something but not clog up the message board with posts such as “yep I agree”
Would be good if there was also a dislike option so posts didn't need be argued and seeing a post with say 5 dislikes adding another one to it would be enough rather than having to explain to someone that they are posting crap

RHCP thursday night, I'm pretty pumped.

Also gone in the Vivid ballot to try and get tickets to see The Cure, playing Disintegration in full at the Opera House(not coming to Melbs:() 30th anniversary of this classic album. One of the first bands I ever got into.

RHCP thursday night, I'm pretty pumped.

Also gone in the Vivid ballot to try and get tickets to see The Cure, playing Disintegration in full at the Opera House(not coming to Melbs:() 30th anniversary of this classic album. One of the first bands I ever got into.
I like their earlier stuff better like the Forest. Still a great track to this day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back