The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good riddance Bill shorten.

Incredible that Liberals cruising but Abbott still lost his seat.

Annoyed our location got rezoned to Corio. That Dickhead Richard Marles will get in comfortably again. ScoMo as immigration minister used to tear his daft questions to shreds.

This is the whole country pushing back, fantastic to see Abbott gone regardless, and hopefully now some real policy can be pushed through with a clear majority looking likely.
I’m sceptical that’s going to happen, there’s still division within the actual party on a lot of issues

So let me get this correct, the liberal party are actually centre right?

Yes, they're economically liberal, i.e. small government. Rather than socially liberal.

I’m sceptical that’s going to happen, there’s still division within the actual party on a lot of issues

I think some of that division will have been driven out, surely the ousting of Abbott is a loud message about the elements of the party that aren't wanted. Shocked Dutton was returned.

I think some of that division will have been driven out, surely the ousting of Abbott is a loud message about the elements of the party that aren't wanted. Shocked Dutton was returned.
Given how easily in the end of the likes of Dutton were re-elected, I doubt it. If anything this will likely encourage those on the right of the party.

Given how easily in the end of the likes of Dutton were re-elected, I doubt it. If anything this will likely encourage those on the right of the party.

As Sinodinis is saying though, Scomo can't be ousted now for the length of his term, so he has much more authority and strength than his two predecessors.

im amazed dutton and that bloke who basically lives in manilla was returned. but everything has fallen into place wonderfully for morrison. pyne, bishop, abbott, turnbull all gone.

What was wrong with Pyne, Bishop and Turnbull? If anything that severely weakens his team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2019election-jpg.676498

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That big block of red probably only has 250 people living there. About 90% of Aussies live in that south Eastern corner don’t they? Fascinating geographically your country.

That big block of red probably only has 250 people living there. About 90% of Aussies live in that south Eastern corner don’t they? Fascinating geographically your country.
Each electorate has roughly equal population I believe. Hence why there's heaps of small electorates near the coasts especially in the east.

NT has two electorates, the enormous one you mentioned then a teeny tiny one in Darwin.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Each electorate has roughly equal population I believe. Hence why there's heaps of small electorates near the coasts especially in the east.

NT has two electorates, the enormous one you mentioned then a teeny tiny one in Darwin.
Yeah I know I was just being funny. All countries the same, the US the U.K. you get the large rural areas voting conservative, Republican while the small metropolitan areas go labour, Democrats etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back