The off topic thread 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t get that vibe from Jod, unlike the small handful of posters who seem to bang on about that stuff in the various SW threads. I hope he’s not suggesting that’s the case.

Some of the films have been very disappointing, because, well they’re disappointing. Not everything has to be an agenda or something like that. The way some of them go round and round in circles about it in the other threads is so tiresome, sad really.

I could be jumping to conclusions because like you said, we've seen it from others who blindly bash Kennedy, so maybe Jod will come in and prove me wrong on what the 'agenda' he was referring to was.

Doubt many, and they'll be a minority in both houses anyway.
Oh it'd never get voted through but there were 10 who voted to impeach Trump and 190 odd that didn't.
Of those 190 I wonder how many will flip on their "dOn'T dIvIdE tHe CoUnTrY" stance and vote to impeach Biden.

Oh it'd never get voted through but there were 10 who voted to impeach Trump and 190 odd that didn't.
Of those 190 I wonder how many will flip on their "dOn'T dIvIdE tHe CoUnTrY" stance and vote to impeach Biden.

Yeah for sure, will be interesting.

Did you hear the stuff from AOC that some of the Republicans she was locked down with were contemplating letting the rioters in to get her? How can you work with people like that?

Yeah for sure, will be interesting.

Did you hear the stuff from AOC that some of the Republicans she was locked down with were contemplating letting the rioters in to get her? How can you work with people like that?
Apparently the panic buttons had been taken out of her office and the offices of other senators as well.

Can't imagine what would have happened to her if they got to her. Same for Pelosi.

Apparently the panic buttons had been taken out of her office and the offices of other senators as well.

Can't imagine what would have happened to her if they got to her. Same for Pelosi.

The bloke with the zip ties and weapon was probably just after a nice cup of tea with them.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
She is a Qanon nutcase.

She wore a face mask with censored on it.

That she spoke through into a microphone on the floor of the House of Representatives to which she was democratically elected, to an audience of millions.

Batshit.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Also guys, I was looking for something to watch as I recently finished the Mandalorian and the excellent Cobra Kai and thought I'd give Alice in Borderland a go. The trailer looked a little hammy and weak but...

I've watched three episodes and it's ******* immense. I highly recommend

Might give it a go. I’m also keen to watch the mandalorian, but the one tv series I’m absolutely hanging for is the lord of the rings, and I’m praying it’s not s**t. Set in the second age so won’t be redoing the events of the 3 lord of the rings movies which is good.

And after the Hobbit, I hope a lot of this series is shot in NZ and minimal CGI is used, LOTR holds up super well being 20 years old and looks heaps better then the Hobbit trilogy.

Might give it a go. I’m also keen to watch the mandalorian, but the one tv series I’m absolutely hanging for is the lord of the rings, and I’m praying it’s not sh*t. Set in the second age so won’t be redoing the events of the 3 lord of the rings movies which is good.

And after the Hobbit, I hope a lot of this series is shot in NZ and minimal CGI is used, LOTR holds up super well being 20 years old and looks heaps better then the Hobbit trilogy.
Give mandalorian a crack. If you have an even passing interest in Star wars I reckon you'll enjoy it.

About time.

Cheer? They missed a real marketing opportunity:

1610620270723.png

And then to up the number of slices in a pack to 52 to honour the great man.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Might give it a go. I’m also keen to watch the mandalorian, but the one tv series I’m absolutely hanging for is the lord of the rings, and I’m praying it’s not sh*t. Set in the second age so won’t be redoing the events of the 3 lord of the rings movies which is good.

It’s been said before, The Hobbit could have just been one film. At the most, 2. Stretching it out for another trilogy was a mistake, but such is the temptation of more money to be made. Not only was the CGI sketchy, but it was dragging on and boring in parts. The book itself is not that long.

About time.

Next on the list.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Only one episode was shot on location. Everything else was digital.

Have you watched the second season yet?

Kennedy is the producer on The Mandalorian, Favreau and Filoni are directors, it's completely different roles.
Yeah I've seen it all. Kennedy has a producer credit on almost anything Star Wars but she's not heavily involved in Mando.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I honestly don’t get that vibe from Jod, unlike the small handful of posters who seem to bang on about that stuff in the various SW threads. I hope he’s not suggesting that’s the case.

Some of the films have been very disappointing, because, well they’re disappointing. Not everything has to be an agenda or something like that. The way some of them go round and round in circles about it in the other threads is so tiresome, sad really.
Got nothing to do with Kennedy being a woman, her personal ideology is the problem and her shoving it into Star Wars. She wants her ideals front and foremost instead of worrying about the story. Kennedy is the main problem that Star Wars 7,8 and 9 sucked really ******* badly and she is responsible for killing the brand.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

Yeah excited for that show and I hope they dont * it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back