The off topic thread 5.0

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

^Nobel prize winning infectious diseases researcher.

While they likely won't be felt in full within the current election cycle (perhaps making them easier to ignore by policy makers), the scale of the health and economic impacts of long COVID in countries that failed to control their epidemics could be enormous (including on young, otherwise fit and healthy people). Watch this space.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Why on earth not?

My 95 year old grandfather is fully vaccinated because we told him to pull his head in and sort it out.
Not sure to be honest. He doesn't go anywhere and he is very stubborn.

Your pa’s are doing well still going at that age.
Yes, he has done well. He nearly died at 93 from pneumonia - his entire right lung was full of fluid and the doctors told us to say goodbye etc. Somehow he got over that.

He has slowed down a lot since turning 90, as expected, but has been pretty good for the most part. He looked after my nanna as well who had quite a few falls, incontinent, very bad hearing and then ultimately got dementia and she was in aged care since September last year (she died earlier this year at the ripe old age of 95). We just found out today my pa's brother died too.

I am surprised he has lived this long, 96 is ******* huge. To think he was born in 1925 and what he has seen/lived through is extraordinary.

Your pa’s are doing well still going at that age.

Yeah he's surprisingly still active. My grandmother died last year so we were worried that might slow him down a lot, but he's still going out (pre-lockdown) and seeing people and playing bowls and stuff like that, so doing well.

who the fu** is Charlie Kirk
incredibly bad faith right wing activist in the US, who’s greatest hits include stoking the events of Jan 6, covid truther and being a Trump sycophant

incredibly bad faith right wing activist in the US, who’s greatest hits include stoking the events of Jan 6, covid truther and being a Trump sycophant
A sycophant to this family.

Watching and partying as they incite an insurrection.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Such a s**t attitude, Mr. Who The * Are You? The whole rant was s**t. The part where he claimed she only needed to "check the boxes and win a gold medal" was ******* embrassing and filled with fake bravado.

Not sure if his 4 ft 11 in rant at the Russian's was him saying they are too short or tall? Google has Simon Biles at 4 ft 8 in. Sounds to me he has no ******* idea who Simon Biles is and only wanted to rant about something.

"We are raising a generation of weak people", I hope you aren't raising anyone.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
chef do you know the bloke that runs the pastoral hotel up your way? Sounds like he is being taken to the cleaners rightly so for an irresponsible act. I think it's incredibly harsh on the employees though to fine them 1k.
The employees could have said no, not much sympathy up this way when everyone else is doing the right thing.

The Pastoral made it known they weren't closing in lockdown and they were warned(the staff knew what was going to happen if they worked). And the Pub is 200m up the same street from the police station. How dumb are these people.

The employees could have said no, not much sympathy up this way when everyone else is doing the right thing.

The Pastoral made it known they weren't closing in lockdown and they were warned(the staff knew what was going to happen if they worked). And the Pub is 200m up the same street from the police station. How dumb are these people.
Dumb and defiant.

There was a cafe here right at the start of this current outbreak where the owner and staff were a) not wearing masks while serving customers and b) not enforcing the indoor mask mandate. So people got fined.

The next day, same thing. This time the owner was arrested.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Australia’s food bowl on SBS with Stefano De Pieri is a quality program. When are you going to get featured chef

Brilliant show promoting the Murray Darling ecosystem.
I've worked a function with Stefano, nice guy.

Well im waiting for them to find me, i do supply from Barham to Yarrawonga along the Murray.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Dumb and defiant.

There was a cafe here right at the start of this current outbreak where the owner and staff were a) not wearing masks while serving customers and b) not enforcing the indoor mask mandate. So people got fined.

The next day, same thing. This time the owner was arrested.
Hard to feel sorry for these 'freedom fighters'.

We all just have to suck it up and do the right thing.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

The dude came across on the news like a ******* moron.

Pretty dumb advertising it on national television too.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Jesus I tell you what. Take Corona seriously. I'm a relatively fit and healthy 35 year old and this has knocked me for six. It's been over a week and I'm still struggling with a cough and not sure when I will be back to normal.

Back