The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Really need to get around to watching BCS but with a newborn only weeks away the chances are diminishing every second lol

Congratutions for the newborn on the way, awesome news!

About getting around to watching BCS. Have you watched BB? I don’t remember if you have watched it or not.

Cliffnotes? What they done to him now.
2 stroke penalty for something he did yesterday, given today. So went from being 2 behind to 4 behind. Birdie on the first hole.

Think it was something to do about the ball being OB, but he still played it. Not 100% sure as the Sky Coverage are slightly glossing over it.

2 stroke penalty for something he did yesterday, given today. So went from being 2 behind to 4 behind. Birdie on the first hole.

Think it was something to do about the ball being OB, but he still played it. Not 100% sure as the Sky Coverage are slightly glossing over it.
Saw that. Rules official live called it in play.

"hes going to play in LIV, lets give him a penalty"

Not that I agree with Saudi Sportswashing
The Saudi thing won't last long unlike City/PSG/NUFC. This is just their Packer revolution.
Things will get changed. Compromises made and we'll move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest has the IPL received the same criticism that LIV golf has?
Wouldn't know. T20 is s**t so don't watch that crap.
"The Hundred" is even worse.

Out of interest has the IPL received the same criticism that LIV golf has?

IPL isn't a worlwide attempt at sportswashing the Indian governments image. It's held in India. Plus India don't have a record of summoning dissident journalists to their local embassies and slicing them up into small pieces.

LIV golf is blatant sportswashing. It's working too, more people talk about LIV golf then about the horrifying stuff Saudi Arabia govt is guilty of.

IPL isn't a worlwide attempt at sportswashing the Indian governments image. It's held in India. Plus India don't have a record of summoning dissident journalists to their local embassies and slicing them up into small pieces.

LIV golf is blatant sportswashing. It's working too, more people talk about LIV golf then about the horrifying stuff Saudi Arabia govt is guilty of.

Presuming that sportswashing isnt in the business plan of IPL or LIV I wonder who has determined that is or isnt the purpose.

For me, more people are talking about Saudi Arabia's human rights record since LIV than before. As a non-avid golf watcher, it seems to me that a lot of that criticism is driven by corporate rivalry with the PGA. I then wonder if the lack of a real corporate rival is why IPL isn't getting the same criticism.

No but they do have an issue with anyone who is muslim. I posted an article in here/the cricket thread in which a muslim Indian woman was arrested for posting in a whatsapp chat "Go Pakistan". India is a right wing, nationalist authoritarian regime.

Sounds like the media coverage after the fact I saw didn’t report the facts.

Looks like Smith’s stuff up and took his penalty like a good sportsman.

Sounds like the media coverage after the fact I saw didn’t report the facts.

Looks like Smith’s stuff up and took his penalty like a good sportsman.

Same. Now he's out of the BMW with a hip injury but still has enough points to make the tour championship, just might start a fair way back of Scheffler

What about China and their sports events?

China and their current regime and interment camps are far more guilty of crimes against humanity.

I don't think many of the Western World is truly aware of the stuff the Chinese Government have been guilty of for decades.

The double standards really piss me off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back