Mega Thread The Official Camry Crows in Season Lolz Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired Adelaide Crows midfielder Bryce Gibbs has opened up on the club’s infamous training camp, declaring it was a “disaster” and suggested it turned the playing group.
After losing to the Tigers in the 2017 Grand Final, the Crows embarked on a pre-season trip that led to a number of senior players feeling shaken and frustrated in the lead up to 2018.
“The club said to me ‘look we’re putting this camp together, are you keen to get involved? There’s going to be different levels… we want to put you in the leadership one’,” he told Greats with Garby podcast.
“I was rocking up to the club and wanted to build good relationships straight away and I thought this could be an opportunity for me to get to know the players quicker.
“The hard thing was we weren’t told what was going to be involved on this camp. A lot of the details, we didn’t really have any details to be honest. So we went in blind and not knowing what to expect.
“I think their intensions were good and genuine that it was going to help us, but it was obviously a disaster. It affected players in different ways for different reasons.”

“The club have put their hand up and said it was a complete miss and if we could do things differently we would’ve.”

Looking back, Gibbs believed it hurt the club more than he thought at the time, with players uneasy about what had transpired.

The Club that keeps on giving ... S*ite to their players. No wonder they want out LOL

Retired Adelaide Crows midfielder Bryce Gibbs has opened up on the club’s infamous training camp, declaring it was a “disaster” and suggested it turned the playing group.
After losing to the Tigers in the 2017 Grand Final, the Crows embarked on a pre-season trip that led to a number of senior players feeling shaken and frustrated in the lead up to 2018.
“The club said to me ‘look we’re putting this camp together, are you keen to get involved? There’s going to be different levels… we want to put you in the leadership one’,” he told Greats with Garby podcast.
“I was rocking up to the club and wanted to build good relationships straight away and I thought this could be an opportunity for me to get to know the players quicker.
“The hard thing was we weren’t told what was going to be involved on this camp. A lot of the details, we didn’t really have any details to be honest. So we went in blind and not knowing what to expect.
“I think their intensions were good and genuine that it was going to help us, but it was obviously a disaster. It affected players in different ways for different reasons.”

“The club have put their hand up and said it was a complete miss and if we could do things differently we would’ve.”

Looking back, Gibbs believed it hurt the club more than he thought at the time, with players uneasy about what had transpired.

The Club that keeps on giving ... S*ite to their players. No wonder they want out LOL

Are you still upset about yet another preliminary final choke? The gift that keeps on giving indeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol so you admit you choked and have more wooden spoons than us? Lol what a club.
Port Adelaide has only finished at the bottom of the ladder of any competition in which it participates in colonial football competitions – in 1886, 1896 and 1900. That's right, Australia didn't even exist the last time Port Adelaide got the wooden spoon!

Are you still upset about yet another preliminary final choke? The gift that keeps on giving indeed.
You are forgetting something Meltingcake

This camp completely destroyed the Camries and they have never recovered from it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back