The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As if those corrupt officials care about the video. It wasn't great, but talking about that is just the excuse. We were fleeced. We probably shouldn't dig too deep into all the deals done to get Sydney 2000 either.

We should get the Women's World Cup and then try and build from that.
If we get the Women's World Cup, wouldnt that put us back as they would say, oh well you had the Women's World Cup so you cant now have the Men's too. Could set us back decades.

If we get the Women's World Cup, wouldnt that put us back as they would say, oh well you had the Women's World Cup so you cant now have the Men's too. Could set us back decades.
Or it would demonstrate how well we can run a major tournament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Canada are getting a piggyback ride with two big nations though. Our closest nations are Indonesia and NZ, we'd be the ones doing all the heavy lifting!
Just pointing out hosting a women's world cup doesn't rule you out of a men's.

Yeah i know but you've got to take the context of how Canada has got the men's

I'm not sure what you mean. Jod said it could set us back decades if we host the Women's World Cup. Canada is hosting the men's 10 years later. America 20 years after hosting the women's.

I'm not sure what you mean. Jod said it could set us back decades if we host the Women's World Cup. Canada is hosting the men's 10 years later. America 20 years after hosting the women's.
The context on how Canada got it is they got it pairing with the US which is a huge market.

The context on how USA got it is they are one of if not the biggest market FIFA want to expand more in

My point is we aren't comparable to the US getting 20 years after because of size. Or 10 years after like Canada because they've got a free kick being the USA's neighbour

Yeah... Nah...

If we had the Women's World Cup and that freak Kerr set the place alight it would put us in a far better position than ever before

There is so many things wrong with that article I don't know where to start

They do realise Kane scored both goals, yeah? :drunk:

speaking of laughable journalism

I don't think a Twitter opinion is 'journalism'. He isn't stating facts.

Even then, I'm not sure what your problem is? The early reports stated he would likely miss the WC. Immediately the Egyptian FA was like 'nah, he's fine' as they aimed to keep the team inspired and rush him back. I guess he could be less injured than we thought, but the facts we're aware of seem to hint that the former scenario is far more likely. If you don't like it being called 'courage', well he is a sports' journo. That happens. And Salah is carrying the hopes of a huge number of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back