The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, and what about the rest?
Many were lumped in, without evidence, who ended up voting against it.

As I said, premature.
I just think it’s a bit naive not to suspect that the other 4 big fix clubs were not consulted in this process. This wasn’t a hastily put together one sheet plan, it was quite detailed and clearly discussed for some time with Parry and the EFL...but not the other 4 big bloc parties? Not one came out and bagged it. Most of the football world suspected it not just BF.

I just think it’s a bit naive not to suspect that the other 4 big fix clubs were not consulted in this process. This wasn’t a hastily put together one sheet plan, it was quite detailed and clearly discussed for some time with Parry and the EFL...but not the other 4 big bloc parties? Not one came out and bagged it. Most of the football world suspected it not just BF.
Mere speculation.

They didn’t publicly bag it, but they didn’t back it either.

Hence: Premature. There was ranting and raving at clubs, when the only comment or action that some of them have made was voting no.

Seems harsh to have clubs bagged and bashed in the manor they were without evidence of any wrongdoing.

You wouldn't be bringing up an old comment to win an argument on the internet would you?
I searched a whole day back in my archives.

Got a while to reach your levels, but we can only try.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
1602801749743.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you subscribed? $1/month seems pretty good.

Subscribed for a year, wasnt enough decent content on it. And too much similar to the existing press. Since I cancelled my subscription I've seen a couple of pieces of the type I originally subscribed for.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Everyone ended up voting against it, maybe Liverpool and United didn't come up with it after all, lol.

Greg Clarke was pushing for a Premier League 2 but was actually rebuffed by Liverpool.

Yet he was recently trying to claim that the PL could end up being a closed league. Sounds like he was covering his own arse rather than reflecting reality.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Heaps of quality on paper this weekend, particularly tonight

Merseyside derby
Hoffenheim Dortmund
Napoli Atalanta
Milan derby

Wolves v Leeds is the pick of the fixtures this weekend (even if it's played on Tuesday morning Aussie time FML)

This Merseyside Derby should be the tastiest one in years. Really looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back