The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that Liverpool are going the multi club route. We weren't the first but I think we're seen as the benchmark of how multi club works, and the benefits all parties get from it. Its a bit of a validation of our operations that so many clubs are now trying to replicate us.

A lot of people don't tend to look beyond FFP, hiding costs and other conspiracy theories when they talk about multi club.

But there is a lot more to do with it than people choose to make out. Hopefully one of the golden clubs heading down that path will lead to a more informed debate in the media and amongst supporters about multi club going forward.

There's a funny narrative about us at the moment. Starting with the weekends game there has been pretty much a celebration of Liverpool and how they played since the match ended. And we seem to be in crisis again.

While I agree we were outplayed on the day, we came away from the ground with a point which not too many will do. And despite it being seen as our bogey ground (shut up Spurs fans) we have only lost twice there in the last 6 years.

The talk of our form is a bit more baffling to me. Was quite surprised to see this, but we're currently on a 21 match unbeaten run in all comps, with only 3 draws in that time.

Still in the FA Cup, through to the Champions League QF and only 1 point less this season after 28 games than we got last season (which turned out OK for us).

But loads of talk (both from blues and non blues) about our regression. We don't seem as free flowing as we have been in the past, but we've always had patches like that and for me I don't want us at our best with 10 games to go as you just can't sustain that for another 3 months.

THE LIVERPOOL THOUGHT BANK

There was never a real competition between Klopp and Pep all these years.

If Guardiola spent 300 million and his signings failed - Pep would have to find new players for 300 million and sell the failed ones. He could repeat this until he succeeded.

If Klopp signed 300 million worth of players and they all failed - Klopp would have to find another job. Huge difference.

This summer, if Klopp had spent 250 million on Gvardiol, Doku, Nunes and Kovacic, he'd be fired. Guardiola will just sell all 4 and buy another 4 next year. There's no real comparison between two managers with such drastically different challenges. Klopp just made it look like a competition because he beat Pep on head-to-head record...despite having one hand tied behind his back relative to Pep. Klopp could have done Pep's job at City easily, but Pep would have no chance at Liverpool. Trent's comments last week rattled so many because he was absolutely spot on.

THE LIVERPOOL THOUGHT BANK

There was never a real competition between Klopp and Pep all these years.

If Guardiola spent 300 million and his signings failed - Pep would have to find new players for 300 million and sell the failed ones. He could repeat this until he succeeded.

If Klopp signed 300 million worth of players and they all failed - Klopp would have to find another job. Huge difference.

This summer, if Klopp had spent 250 million on Gvardiol, Doku, Nunes and Kovacic, he'd be fired. Guardiola will just sell all 4 and buy another 4 next year. There's no real comparison between two managers with such drastically different challenges. Klopp just made it look like a competition because he beat Pep on head-to-head record...despite having one hand tied behind his back relative to Pep. Klopp could have done Pep's job at City easily, but Pep would have no chance at Liverpool. Trent's comments last week rattled so many because he was absolutely spot on.
yeah probably unlikely pep will sell 4 players after 1 season seeing as he has only done that twice his whole time at the club, nolito and ferran torres.

My concern is how Pep does Peps job, and if he does that well, who cares if people think he could or couldn't succeed in another job?

I suspect he'd be a huge success wherever he goes, but ultimately I'm happy for that to never be proven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Torres wanted to go to Barca, rather than Pep not wanting him.
Nolito wanted to leave too. His daughter was losing her tan in Manchester. :D

Cracking first 6 months he had with us though.

We must have made a £30m profit on Torres and more than our money back on Nolito. So both go down as good signings in my book.

Henderson. ******* hell haha. Surely Stones, Rice and Bellingham start in the middle. Maddison off the bench and the other two in the bin
Yeah Henderson off Saudi and Dutch football is a bit surprising. Gallagher lol. Just lol.

No Trent. Whoops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back