Analysis The Rebuilds of Carlton and Fremantle and their future prospects

Who has the better prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you watched him play? Perfect 2nd ruck as he can go forward and kick goals.

Second rucks don't "go forward" they spend the majority of the game there. He is better around the ball with his follow up work.

It is no coincidence the majority of his coaches votes were in games where Darcy was out or injured early.

Second rucks don't "go forward" they spend the majority of the game there. He is better around the ball with his follow up work.

It is no coincidence the majority of his coaches votes were in games where Darcy was out or injured early.
The majority of his votes came against potato rucks. It was an ongoing joke in fantasy how easy his opponents were at the back end of last year. Pretty sure the stats were that 6/9 top rating games were with Darcy in the team.

With Darcy going down, the last thing I want is Jackson playing 80% ruck. It's a waste. He thrives on the mixed role.

The majority of his votes came against potato rucks. It was an ongoing joke in fantasy how easy his opponents were at the back end of last year. Pretty sure the stats were that 6/9 top rating games were with Darcy in the team.

With Darcy going down, the last thing I want is Jackson playing 80% ruck. It's a waste. He thrives on the mixed role.

Every top ruck gets there go at a few spud ruckman over the course of the season. Not even Gawn or English were picking up votes as consistently as Jackson did when playing as the number one. He had a favourable run when considering his direct opponent but he still had to be in the best few players on the ground. I think you're underselling his work in the second half of last year, and over estimating his worth when playing majority up forward.

Time will tell.

Every top ruck gets there go at a few spud ruckman over the course of the season. Not even Gawn or English were picking up votes as consistently as Jackson did when playing as the number one. He had a favourable run when considering his direct opponent but he still had to be in the best few players on the ground. I think you're underselling his work in the second half of last year, and over estimating his worth when playing majority up forward.

Time will tell.

Yeah they do, and he got his goes all in a row which is where that purple patch happened. Literally spud after spud. He can do it against quality rucks too from time to time, but not with that consistency.

I like him doing a bit of all of it (fwd, mid, ruck). Jackson in the ruck is also more dangerous against the 2nd ruck or a tired first ruck.

Nobody wants to be April premiers, but it's great if our young players can develop some self-belief. Will be great when Darcy, Cox, McDonald, Erasmus, Chapman, KW and O'Driscoll start pushing for a spot in the side.

Been really impressed with the Dockers so far. They have proven me wrong by a significant margin. Gonna be very tough matchup this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipped both sides to make the top 8, pretty sure I even had Freo in the top 6 which was against the grain. Have always had faith in them as they are my second team.

Both sides are scoring pretty freely and are defensively sound. Midfield battle wins the game, like most games in 2024.

I think this will be a mentally tough matchup on a neutral territory
Are there many Fremantle fans in SA?
It'll be interesting to see how many fans turn out compared to Carlton, who are known for having massive support in SA.

It'll be interesting to see how many fans turn out compared to Carlton, who are known for having massive support in SA.
it sold out a very long time ago - thinking loads have gone over for school holidays. I am guessing members were allocated some tickets. It's s shorter trip than going to Victoria, and they are there for the Port game as well. Fremantle get to travel interstate every fortnight, and this is just closer.

Yea will practically be a Carlton home game.
Not only a lot of support for the blues in SA but you d think shet load of them go over for the game too

Yea will practically be a Carlton home game.
Not only a lot of support for the blues in SA but you d think shet load of them go over for the game too
if you read on our board, this was sold out ages ago for members, so there should be more than we get at most of our away games

Marc Murphy retired so there goes the deflating goal from the boundary we usually beat them with in close games lol.
Hope this is a ripper game coming up both have very good sides.

Marc Murphy retired so there goes the deflating goal from the boundary we usually beat them with in close games lol.
Hope this is a ripper game coming up both have very good sides.
Another ripper close game, this time Curnow breaking their hearts kicking the winner.

Back