Analysis The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez i'm glad we got off to a flyer. Can see us dropping a lot of those games if things dont go our way and just scrape into the 8.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Jimmy Bartel just said on radio that he was full of admiration for the gutsy effort Nahas put in to play on with the compound fracture.

I'm not particularly enamoured with his footy, but that is a bloody gutsy effort. Only the biggest pinhead would think otherwise.

You know what? Every team has injuries.
The great teams, like Hawthorn 2014 overcome them and they had the toughest draw of the year.

Yep its s**t to get injuries to crucial players BUT if we are a top side we will over come it.

If not we're just making up the numbers.

Time for some of our second string players to take some responsibility.

Bing it the * on.

C'mon Shinboners

Much easier being the contender than being Top waiting to be rolled!

We really need a good Competitive performance these next 2 weeks
Happy enuf so far and wldnt mind if we mixed the team up daw Wagner seeing we play hawks again Rnd 21

Remember Hansen and forgotten man turner in a lot of finals wins

So, it's all downhill from here, right?

p4pb4237126.jpg

Let's simplify this - Hawthorn game this Friday night is a must win, and a huge test. Hawthorn is far from flying. If we can get angry and play passionate footy, that we are well capable of, we will get the result, irrespective of who misses the game.

Let's simplify this - Hawthorn game this Friday night is a must win, and a huge test. Hawthorn is far from flying. If we can get angry and play passionate footy, that we are well capable of, we will get the result, irrespective of who misses the game.

I watched the St Kilda v Carlton game on Sunday, with St Kilda given little chance with so many of their most important players out, and they came out of the blocks like a bull at a gate, maintaining the rage throughout. Nothing less than that full commitment from all 22 players this Friday will suffice.

I watched the St Kilda v Carlton game on Sunday, with St Kilda given little chance with so many of their most important players out, and they came out of the blocks like a bull at a gate, maintaining the rage throughout. Nothing less than that full commitment from all 22 players this Friday will suffice.

Spot on. If we aim for 90 tackles then we will be hard to beat

Our effort wasn't quite there on Saturday night, even before the injuries came, let's be honest about that. I could tell 5 minutes in, that while we could score freely, we weren't pressuring enough around the contest, and too many 50/50 contests were being lost. I am sure in our review, that would have been noted, and any fit 22 that take on Hawthorn on Friday night will need to give 100% effort. I like that bull at the gate analogy by TT. When we come out like this, we generally win every time. This is what it's going to take. Given what the opposition did to us last time, one would think it wouldn't require too many reminders to the playing group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our effort wasn't quite there on Saturday night, even before the injuries came, let's be honest about that. I could tell 5 minutes in, that while we could score freely, we weren't pressuring enough around the contest, and too many 50/50 contests were being lost. I am sure in our review, that would have been noted, and any fit 22 that take on Hawthorn on Friday night will need to give 100% effort. I like that bull at the gate analogy by TT. When we come out like this, we generally win every time. This is what it's going to take. Given what the opposition did to us last time, one would think it wouldn't require too many reminders to the playing group.

It was a very bruise free game, North had 41 tackles and Geelong had 46. Fair to say if we we had Cunnington & Swallow up and about those numbers dramatically increase.

I think we can expect a lot more tackling pressure from our boys this week, regardless of who plays

Is it just me or do we play a lot better in 'home' games at Etihad as opposed to when we are the away side?
Final Siren has interesting data on this as it keeps being asked in the MB Squiggle thread (including by me). Apparently the stats say conclusively that the nominal "home" side has the advantage regardless of the venue, which is quite something and says it must be a mental thing.

Final Siren has interesting data on this as it keeps being asked in the MB Squiggle thread (including by me). Apparently the stats say conclusively that the nominal "home" side has the advantage regardless of the venue, which is quite something and says it must be a mental thing.

Thanks. I've noticed that when I'm on L3 we put in some ordinary performances.

I think we will do WC over there. No Nic Nat will effect that midfield a huge amount.

We won't do Adelaide over there though, Dogs and GWS can easily be losses as well.

Is it just me or do we play a lot better in 'home' games at Etihad as opposed to when we are the away side?

We're nothing without the floating double dildo and royal blue curtain to welcome our arrival onto the arena. NOTHING!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back