Current The Search for Angie Fuller - Tanami Hwy Alice Springs

Remove this Banner Ad

30yo Angie Fuller was last seen by her boyfriend running in to bushland on Monday off the Tanami Highway, west of Alice Springs. Police were notified of her disappearance on Wednesday.

A search and rescue operation comprising of 20 police officers, as well as helicopters and a drone, has been underway since the Wednesday.

Police first alerted the public to Ms Fuller's disappearance on Friday, urging the public to contact them with information as to her whereabouts.

On Saturday, authorities made a renewed plea for information, urging anyone travelling along the Tanami Road between 10pm Saturday, January 9 and 9am on Sunday, January 10, to contact police.

Police described Ms Fuller as of Asian appearance, approximately 165 centimetres tall with long black and purple hair.

At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing a black Nike singlet and a cream skirt.

Hopefully she's found water.

Haven't seen this on the news but sounds extremely unusual. Dare I suggest that if the boyfriend supposedly "ran into the bush with her" perhaps he was running AFTER her and only 1 came back... might indicate that she's buried there. doesn't sound good at all, very much hoping of course that I am wrong and she is found safe and unharmed.

Real strange.

Police say they believe a Territory mother missing in remote Central Australia is still alive after a man says there was a desert shootout before her disappearance which might explain why they were both running in to the bush. But not really.

Article is paywalled.

That whole sovereign citizen thing is rubbish snd the boyfriend is a massive drop kick. Plenty of videos doing the rounds of him pretty clearly showing he is involved in her disappearance. I could even potentially see a scenario where she is on it and in hiding and they attempt to sue the media for defamation. His name is not being released anywhere which is strange.

That whole sovereign citizen thing is rubbish snd the boyfriend is a massive drop kick. Plenty of videos doing the rounds of him pretty clearly showing he is involved in her disappearance. I could even potentially see a scenario where she is on it and in hiding and they attempt to sue the media for defamation. His name is not being released anywhere which is strange.

I avoided a family function recently after I heard sov cit rels were driving down for it and would probably need somewhere to stay. After being trapped in a vehicle for days crossing the Nullaboor and up in to the Pilbara with a sov cit, never again. Out in the middle of nowhere if someone is a bit unstable, you can't simply get out and call an uber. Problems that at any other time might be little ones, out there can be real big ones.

Last edited:
Angie's father.

Mr Fuller said she left Darwin on Sunday, January 8, arriving back into Alice Springs the day after.

"The only evidence we had to support that she actually made it into Alice Springs was some CCTV footage provided by McDonalds, where she was last actually seen," he said.

Mr Fuller also claimed he was "sickened" by videos uploaded to social media by a man claiming to be her boyfriend, saying he had never met him and did not believe he was Ms Fuller's boyfriend.

I avoided a family function recently after I heard sov cit rels were driving down for it and would probably need somewhere to stay. After being trapped in a vehicle for days crossing the Nullaboor and up in to the Pilbara with one of them, never again. Out in the middle of nowhere if someone is a bit unstable, you can't simply get out and call an uber. Problems that at any other time might be little ones, out there can be real big ones.

Yeah don’t blame you for avoiding that, great decision on your end. It’s going to be interesting once this one is solved. I’m backing in that old mate “boyfriend” is not a “boyfriend” and just her stalker / killer.

A lot of DV cases start with the abuser "love bombing" the victim. I think it's possible SovCit weirdo isn't a "boyfriend" as such but could definitely be "the guy she's seeing" that hasn't progressed to the point she wants to tell her parents.

She's moved to Alice Springs to "turn her life around." We don't know why. Maybe some addiction struggles or falling in with the wrong crowd. Maybe even previous DV. Would certainly make her more wary about committing to a relationship without vetting the guy first.

The timing of it is very suspicious. If she's been back up to Darwin to see family and then disappears a day after returning to Alice Springs. There's already the classic DV element of isolation just from Angie moving to Alice Springs. That could definitely embolden an abuser and accelerate the abusive stage of the relationship since she's already isolated from family/friends in a strange town.

If he's started an argument over her leaving him for a few days to go back to Darwin and she's stood up to him/said she wants to end it if he's gonna be like that then the sad tale as old as time plays out. Dude would still have the inflated sense of ego to believe he was her "boyfriend"

A lot of DV cases start with the abuser "love bombing" the victim. I think it's possible SovCit weirdo isn't a "boyfriend" as such but could definitely be "the guy she's seeing" that hasn't progressed to the point she wants to tell her parents.

She's moved to Alice Springs to "turn her life around." We don't know why. Maybe some addiction struggles or falling in with the wrong crowd. Maybe even previous DV. Would certainly make her more wary about committing to a relationship without vetting the guy first.

The timing of it is very suspicious. If she's been back up to Darwin to see family and then disappears a day after returning to Alice Springs. There's already the classic DV element of isolation just from Angie moving to Alice Springs. That could definitely embolden an abuser and accelerate the abusive stage of the relationship since she's already isolated from family/friends in a strange town.

If he's started an argument over her leaving him for a few days to go back to Darwin and she's stood up to him/said she wants to end it if he's gonna be like that then the sad tale as old as time plays out. Dude would still have the inflated sense of ego to believe he was her "boyfriend"

Sadly this reads like a very likely scenario.

Trouble with the Northern Territory too is it's just so remote. I think there's another thread on this forum discussing the speculation that the really remote parts of the NT and QLD have a serial killer or killers roaming the highways. It's possible but it's really more likely to be just separate tragic cases like this where people have disappeared with their remains left somewhere in the couple of million square kilometres of nothing out that way.

I say that cause while police can only go on the information provided to them, we're having to put a lot of stock in the main person of interest's account that says she's in the search area. I hope police are grabbing all the CCTV footage they can from servos and other places around Alice Springs to see if SovCit's vehicle made any potentially suspicious late night trips out of town

But it really is a needle in a haystack scenario in the outback. We still have no idea where Peter Falconio was left and likely never will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is confusing. I'm not sure if the idea of a third party involvment in a road dispute is a real thing or not.

The last confirmed sighting of Ms Fuller was at a truck stop "north of town", referring to Alice Springs, at 6:40pm on Monday, January 9.

Assistant Commissioner White said police believe she was involved in a subsequent "incident" along the Tanami Road, but said that sighting was not yet confirmed by police.

Assistant Commissioner White on Tuesday said they believe she was involved in "some sort of dispute" between two vehicles on the Tanami, including Ms Fuller's red Toyota Corolla.

In that incident, one of the cars was run off the road.

"We've spoken to all the parties we have seen, and that is the point we believe Angie became separated from everyone else."

Ms Fuller's Corolla was found abandoned along the Tanami Road, about 12 hours after her last confirmed sighting.

Sounds like she was ran off the road, by the 'person of interest', who claimed to be her boyfriend??? What does this mean though: "We've spoken to all the parties we have seen, and that is the point we believe Angie became separated from everyone else."??
Who is 'everyone else'?

This is confusing. I'm not sure if the idea of a third party involvment in a road dispute is a real thing or not.

The last confirmed sighting of Ms Fuller was at a truck stop "north of town", referring to Alice Springs, at 6:40pm on Monday, January 9.

Assistant Commissioner White said police believe she was involved in a subsequent "incident" along the Tanami Road, but said that sighting was not yet confirmed by police.

Assistant Commissioner White on Tuesday said they believe she was involved in "some sort of dispute" between two vehicles on the Tanami, including Ms Fuller's red Toyota Corolla.

In that incident, one of the cars was run off the road.

"We've spoken to all the parties we have seen, and that is the point we believe Angie became separated from everyone else."

Ms Fuller's Corolla was found abandoned along the Tanami Road, about 12 hours after her last confirmed sighting.

I took that to mean that the incidents/disputes are the guy's stories, not necessarily what investigators believe.

Was her 'boyfriend' in the car with her or was he in another vehicle do you know? I looked and couldn't find anything definitive.
Not sure. And I feel the reporting I've seen has been indicating that this is what the 'boyfriend' has said without suggesting it is what occurred.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back