The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Super basically determined by the share market - fluctuates in short term - rises in long term - capitalism is a wondrous thing

What Happens if the Persons Assets worse Drops back to where they can get the Pension Back Then?

With the Houses Prices Skyrocketing lot of older Aussies are being Caught out.

They can have a Holiday Home Pre-Covid be worth around 300+ but after covid we have had a House Prices Skyrocket so now there Holiday Homes worth at least 700k+ and it's none of there Fault.

Seems bit UnFair to me as can lose Pension over that

Quote - 'The Epoch Times is a far-right international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement.

'Pick a tweet, any tweet' again Dave?

NYT - 'Since 2016, the Falun Gong-backed newspaper has used aggressive Facebook tactics and right-wing misinformation to create an anti-China, pro-Trump media empire.'

Gee Dave where do you get this stuff from?

Here is a site that you can check the background of any media outlet to check what political persuasion/bias they hold.

Gee Dave where do you get this stuff from?

Here is a site that you can check the background of any media outlet to check what political persuasion/bias they hold.

So Never Read anything the Media Says then

That is about right sadly. I get most of my information from watching 'live' news when people are interviewed or questioned.

Or if I find it hard to believe, do more research into who is saying it.

We live in scary times.

No. You just need to take media with a grain of salt until you can verify the story.
And there are ways of doing that which has already been explained.
Plenty of reliable news outlets, though no such thing as a 100% reliable source.
Beware though the shouty types that are really just in it to monetise the news through outrageous story telling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll admit that I still wear a mask when going to shops, a lone d***head in most places.

There's a lot of Covid around, it's still knocking off a lot of older folk, and I'm in no mood to be responsible for the death of my Grandpa.

The Australian government has just introduced a requirement to test Chinese citizens before they arrive in Australia, which is completely at odds with the fact that none of our governments are really doing anything else to ensure public safety.

I'll admit that I still wear a mask when going to shops, a lone d***head in most places.

There's a lot of Covid around, it's still knocking off a lot of older folk, and I'm in no mood to be responsible for the death of my Grandpa.

The Australian government has just introduced a requirement to test Chinese citizens before they arrive in Australia, which is completely at odds with the fact that none of our governments are really doing anything else to ensure public safety.
I have not put on a Mask at the Shops for awhile but IF Things get Worse I might start Wearing one IF get Worse or Governments might just make them Compulsorily at Shops and Inside Things.

Yeah think more then just China should have a Rule like that

Going by Reports that we might see another year of at least Rules and Mandates like Wearing Masks outside and Rules on how many people can go to Shops/Cinemas and Stuff and Even Worse Lockdowns are Possible

Which reports?

Source?
Hope you aren’t being seduced by the right Dave.

Here:

Also IF things become worse it be Common Sense to Think that they at least bring the Restrictions back like Not Allowed out of your House when you Have Covid. Put Masks on and Restrictions for Shops and Sporting Events and Other Gatherings

Here:

Also IF things become worse it be Common Sense to Think that they at least bring the Restrictions back like Not Allowed out of your House when you Have Covid. Put Masks on and Restrictions for Shops and Sporting Events and Other Gatherings
That report suggests nothing of the sort. I doubt that will happen.

Here:

news.com.au?

So you ARE being seduced by the right!

Murdoch’s moles doing anything they can to undermine the Labour government’s that he actively campaigned against with massive free publicity.

news.com.au?

So you ARE being seduced by the right!

Murdoch’s moles doing anything they can to undermine the Labour government’s that he actively campaigned against with massive free publicity.

Makes it Hard to Know what is True or False with all the Different Opinions and Repots

Makes it Hard to Know what is True or False with all the Different Opinions and Repots
Unfortunately any Murdoch outlet has to be treated with caution.
There was a time when you could believe in the Murdoch press to at least report the news with a semblance of balance.
But now the Murdoch press can only be trusted to look at the financial incentive that comes from outrageous headlines creating clicks and eyeballs to attract advertisers.
That and Murdoch himself trying to imprint his right minded political views on the population. This view comes from wanting to keep governments in his pocket and policy in step with the “richer get richer” mandate.
I question everything that news.com.au publish.

Unfortunately any Murdoch outlet has to be treated with caution.
There was a time when you could believe in the Murdoch press to at least report the news with a semblance of balance.
But now the Murdoch press can only be trusted to look at the financial incentive that comes from outrageous headlines creating clicks and eyeballs to attract advertisers.
That and Murdoch himself trying to imprint his right minded political views on the population. This view comes from wanting to keep governments in his pocket and policy in step with the “richer get richer” mandate.
I question everything that news.com.au publish.

Then how do you know who to Trust even out of Murdoch Propaganda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back