Toast The Shrine of Shiggsy AKA Keith's Cage

Remove this Banner Ad

Shigstar spent the first half yesterday hitting blokes on chest laces out, none of them dogs players unfortunately.

No chance of a start against the cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see that VFL game giving him enough credits to get back next week either.

What the fruck has happened to our Shiggsy?
His numbers are still good, so I put it down to not having his usual confidence with the ball in hand. I know some players can handle the extra pressure, but with the return of Bob and the emergence of Williams, Shane is probably putting a little too much pressure on himself to perform.

I'd assume he's not playing with much freedom at the moment as he knows that he has to play well to get back into the team, compared to last year where there wasn't a huge amount of competition for his spot. I'd back him to figure it out soon.

His numbers are still good, so I put it down to not having his usual confidence with the ball in hand. I know some players can handle the extra pressure, but with the return of Bob and the emergence of Williams, Shane is probably putting a little too much pressure on himself to perform.

I'd assume he's not playing with much freedom at the moment as he knows that he has to play well to get back into the team, compared to last year where there wasn't a huge amount of competition for his spot. I'd back him to figure it out soon.

TBH he doesn't seem like the type of person that would put heaps of pressure on himself to perform.

It wasn't Shiggsy's fault any of the turnovers. Shiggsy is to clever a footballer for the VFL and VFL players to slow to react to his brilliant and creative disposal. If we don't bring him we're not playing finals.

Last edited:
It was Shiggsy's fault any of the turnovers. Shiggsy is to clever a footballer for the VFL and VFL players to slow to react to his brilliant and creative disposal. If we don't bring him we're not playing finals.

Exactly. Its not his fault that his team mates aren't on his level. VFL players don't understand that it's not his job to kick the ball to them, it's their job to be where he is going to kick the ball.

A handy player, don't know about a king! Fallen a long way since the GF. Along with a few others it must be said!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back