Toast The Shrine of Shiggsy AKA Keith's Cage

Remove this Banner Ad

Bev has to make a statement, but it could also be for team balance, although losing Moz means we are already light on down back.
Very different players though. Biggs is closer in roles to JJ, Boyd and Suckling than he is to Morris, Roberts, Adams and Wood.

It's a great problem to have, but those less flexible or out of form, will likely miss.

I like Biggs and will never forget the fact he helped win us our second premiership. But against Collingwood and Freo he was woeful. We have been playing one too many rebounding defenders anyway so one had to make way. Out of our defenders he is the least versatile, doesn't have a big kick, is not overly fast and isn't a threat up forward. Suckling, Johannisen and Murphy all have the above attributes.

This guy has obviously never seen the patented Shiggsy Torp of Death

Very different players though. Biggs is closer in roles to JJ, Boyd and Suckling than he is to Morris, Roberts, Adams and Wood.

It's a great problem to have, but those less flexible or out of form, will likely miss.
The other thing is, it doesn't matter who you are, if you're not playing well you're out. If Bont wasn't playing well I think Bev wouldn't hesitate to drop him.

It's a great move for team balance IMO. Also means that Biggs, Murphy, JJ, Suckling, M. Boyd etc. Know they have to perform in that role, be able to play multi positions, or find themselves out.

He was the one not playing that well at the moment and for balance, something had to give. He'll be back in the side and if history tells us anything, he'll play his life out for his spot.
Disagree, he was one of our best against Sydney

Can only think this was a team balance call, now hopefully guys like Boyd, Murph and JJ play down back and give us the run that we lacked last week. I hate this chopping and changing going on to fit them all in, it has had an effect on our midfield and spread imo.

I like Biggs and will never forget the fact he helped win us our second premiership. But against Collingwood and Freo he was woeful. We have been playing one too many rebounding defenders anyway so one had to make way. Out of our defenders he is the least versatile, doesn't have a big kick, is not overly fast and isn't a threat up forward. Suckling, Johannisen and Murphy all have the above attributes.
Lol

Disagree, he was one of our best against Sydney

Can only think this was a team balance call, now hopefully guys like Boyd, Murph and JJ play down back and give us the run that we lacked last week. I hate this chopping and changing going on to fit them all in, it has had an effect on our midfield and spread imo.
I thought he was pretty good against Sydney too. I thought he was terrible in round 1 and poor in round 3.

Team balance is definitely what I think too, mentioned it at the start of my post, but also think that on team balance you have to look at why you'd choose for him to go out over Boyd, JJ, Suckling etc. Imo that's flexibility, form and what players bring to the team.

I thought he was pretty good against Sydney too. I thought he was terrible in round 1 and poor in round 3.

Team balance is definitely what I think too, mentioned it at the start of my post, but also think that on team balance you have to look at why you'd choose for him to go out over Boyd, JJ, Suckling etc. Imo that's flexibility, form and what players bring to the team.
Biggs when played as a rebounder is similar to Boyd

1 on 1 under the high ball he's suss, but he's a good interceptor when he's played that role occasionally when Wood has been out. Probably Boyd overall is his closest comparison, but he has a bit of mongrel in him too which allows him to win ground balls (won plenty against Sydney).

Biggs when played as a rebounder is similar to Boyd

1 on 1 under the high ball he's suss, but he's a good interceptor when he's played that role occasionally when Wood has been out. Probably Boyd overall is his closest comparison, but he has a bit of mongrel in him too which allows him to win ground balls (won plenty against Sydney).
With Morris out, Boyd also adds that leadership and direction.

It's healthy to be dropped if you're out of form. We have so many guys in the twos that would love to be in the ones. It's interesting that the two to come in are also premiership stars. But many others in the next few weeks I'd like to see get games. By the time we get to the finals (if we make it) everyone who could potentially play, must have played through the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The match committee must have been knee deep in hookers and gin last week.

Welcome back blonde warrior

I can't believe some people think that Biggs isn't anything other than majestic. Do you even football?

Thank goodness some order has been restored.
If the MC thought we will ever win a flag without Shiggsy in the side they were kidding themselves.
All's well that ends well I guess but I'd still like to see someone's head roll for Shiggsy's omission last week.
Tipping he'll poll well in the Ching this week

Thank goodness some order has been restored.
If the MC thought we will ever win a flag without Shiggsy in the side they were kidding themselves.
All's well that ends well I guess but I'd still like to see someone's head roll for Shiggsy's omission last week.
Tipping he'll poll well in the Ching this week

Collected his usual 5 last week too

Biggs needs several games in the twos. Completely shat the bed today...

Don't know why he was brought back after just 1 game. A very unconvincing game as well...Bevo usually makes them play at least 2 games at VFL level.

Williams and Webb were both much more deserving of a call up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back