The stars are aligning

Remove this Banner Ad

In the real world you have 4 other sides playing much better football and right at the minute would cream us.

2013... Relentless Purple Haze, best most ferocious football side of all time.

NF.jpg

2014... Swans domination, Buddy and Tippet monstrous forward line, best midfield going around.

JR.jpg

2015... Weagles web, NicNat incredible, defence unbreakable, best strategy and tactics...

JD.jpg

Not denying we don't look the real deal right now compared to other sides around us. But basically we've done a threepeat where every year we were supposedly cooked and/or being overtaken by sides who were now way better than us. 2008 not much different. Sides which keep on shitting their pants on the big stage.

Last night might have seemed a disaster but finishing fourth may not be such a bad thing given that in:

2013 we finished the home and away season first - premiership 1
2014 we finished the home and away season second - premiership 2
2015 we finished the home and away season third - premiership 3
2016 ..........

I called this inn round 3!
I called this either late last year or very early this year.
It's on a thread somewhere

View attachment 280722

2014... Swans domination, Buddy and Tippet monstrous forward line, best midfield going around.

View attachment 280723

2015... Weagles web, NicNat incredible, defence unbreakable, best strategy and tactics...

View attachment 280724

Not denying we don't look the real deal right now compared to other sides around us. But basically we've done a threepeat where every year we were supposedly cooked and/or being overtaken by sides who were now way better than us. 2008 not much different. Sides which keep on shitting their pants on the big stage.
Tbh I'm more worried about us

View attachment 280722

View attachment 280723

View attachment 280724

You would think that Darling dropped mark will on something like the Toyota magic moments ad one day. Hodge's goal was unbelievable, but that dropped mark has to be the worst Clanger in AFL history.

I think Ninethorn has a nice ring to it. I think this'll be my favourite flag; the only team to win a premiership without making finals.

It's almost as good as Fitzroy winning after finishing last and not winning a home/away match for the year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

280161_1843575cdf2dbf5d355d431e8d1dcfe0.jpg

Has anyone ever shat the bed in a more distastrous fashion than Darling did with that dropped mark? Whisked straight down the other end, goal, and I think actually heard the wind exiting the sails of West Coast from my vantage point in M22.

EDIT: Apologies to crazywildhorse, didn't see your post there basically saying the same thing.

Last edited:
View attachment 280957

Has anyone ever shat the bed in a more distastrous fashion than Darling did with that dropped mark? Whisked straight down the other end, goal, and I think actually heard the wind exiting the sails of West Coast from my vantage point in M22.

EDIT: Apologies to crazywildhorse, didn't see your post there basically saying the same thing.

derp.gif

View attachment 280957

I think it's worth a double post anyway. It was the most astonishing moment of the game, apologies to Hodgey and all.

View attachment 280957

You could repost that a hundred times and I wouldn't get tired of it

I thought I heard that wind all the way over here also.

If we somehow end up 3rd playing against Adelaide in Adelaide in the QF with Sydney sitting 1st then I will be convinced that this is going to be a reverse 2012. We'll beat Adelaide and then beat Geelong in the PF before beating the Swans in the GF where Birchall will kick 2 arsey goals to be the difference.
Somehow we still ended up 3rd. Not against Adelaide but in another QF that we will enter rank outsiders against Geelong.

Sure there is some similarities with Geelong's 2014 but I reckon there has been more similarities with Sydney's 2012.

In 2012 Sydney took top spot on the ladder following the mid season bye before dropping games coming into finals. Conceding top spot on the ladder to Hawthorn for the final 2 rounds.

In 2016 Hawthorn took top spot on the ladder following the mid season bye before dropping games coming into finals. Conceding top spot on the ladder to Sydney for the final 2 rounds.

In 2012 and 2016 Sydney and Hawthorn played twice during the H&A season, splitting the points with unexpected victories at the oppositions home ground.

In 2012 Buddy Franklin played for Hawthorn. Now in 2016 Buddy Franklin plays for Sydney.

In 2012 a quirk in the finals fixturing saw Sydney obtain a perceived advantage over their competition (the PF timeslot).

In 2016 a quirk in the finals fixturing sees Hawthorn obtain a perceived advantage over their competition (the only top 4 team playing a "home" game).

In 2012 Goodes, Sydney's spiritual leader, had a knee injury.

In 2016 Hodge, Hawthorn's spiritual leader, had a knee injury.

In 2012 a falling St Kilda finished 9th on the ladder.

In 2016 a rising St Kilda finished 9th on the ladder.

ITSHAPPENING.GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back