Mega Thread The Suspended 12- who stays and who goes- DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Who do you expect to be at Essendon in 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we wont hear from jobe until the appeal is done. i honestly believe he wont be back as a player if it fails. Imagine how nice the past year for him in particular must have felt pulling coffee and no one identifies you as the captain of the bombers. no media in your face. wouldnt even be suprised if he move out of this country for the s**t the press and uneducated pricks have put him through
I was thinking just the other day, it must be the appeal and brownlow that's holding him back. It must be. There is no other reason why Jobe Watson of all people would still be "deciding"

I was thinking just the other day, it must be the appeal and brownlow that's holding him back. It must be. There is no other reason why Jobe Watson of all people would still be "deciding"

That'd be a pretty accurate guess, I'd say.

Last edited:
totally. Its such a bloody shame that a person with as much integrity and class as Watson might finish his career in this way. It is gutting

If Pears is definitely not retuning, why hasn't this been confirmed? Jobe's delay makes more sense, with the appeal, but what's stopping Pears's announcement.

Conversely it may just be that he's simply overseas, might not be related until waiting till the appeal (although that possibly could be the case)

The point is that while he's overseas nothing can be definitively finalised, and in the meantime people will obviously speculate. For all we know he could put pen to paper shortly after arriving back in the country, which is exactly how the Hurley scenario played out.

What if the appeal doesn't get decided by this year, which given the way things have gone, wouldn't surprise me one bit.
How long does the club wait for a decision from Jobe?
List management and all that. Do we list him without a decision if the CAS appeal continues on into 2017?

we wont hear from jobe until the appeal is done. i honestly believe he wont be back as a player if it fails. Imagine how nice the past year for him in particular must have felt pulling coffee and no one identifies you as the captain of the bombers. no media in your face. wouldnt even be suprised if he move out of this country for the s**t the press and uneducated pricks have put him through
Yep I think this is spot on.

He's carried such a heavy burden with this there's no way it hasn't broken him a bit. We can't forget he is the one with something to seriously lose with this and there will be a serious roadshow that follows after he loses the brownlow, which I'm still not prepared for myself. I think that's going to upset me the most with all of this. I honestly don't think a "thanks for the medal bro" sledge is beyond Sam Mitchell. Could you just imagine. The football field would just be the same hell all over again

If he's waiting for the appeal he could be waiting for a long time. The Swiss snobs aren't expected to fast track a decision in time for Jobe to start his pre-season. More probable it might be to do with Brownlow if anything.

Jobe's contract ends this year. It's not like he can just ring us up or go to the media and say "I'm in" (the way Heppell did). There's going to have to be contract negotiations and then he needs to sign the bit of paper (which he can't do from overseas). It would then need to be ratified by the AFL before it can be made public... and I think he's still away for another week (or two)? Most of it doesn't take long, but until he's back you can't actually do half of it.

Considering he is texting the coach after matches and his father Timmy was basically jumping out of his seat when reading the news that Hurley had committed would suggest that all will be fine, Jobe knows the door is open and might just turn up at the club the day after suspension ends, he strikes me as not being the type to make a big song and dance about it.

I must admit I'm surprised something definite about Pears hasn't been said yet. Probably won't change what the outcome will be, but still.

Has he actually been overseas in recent times? I'm not so sure that he has...

Considering he is texting the coach after matches and his father Timmy was basically jumping out of his seat when reading the news that Hurley had committed would suggest that all will be fine, Jobe knows the door is open and might just turn up at the club the day after suspension ends, he strikes me as not being the type to make a big song and dance about it.
God I hope you are right...Please Jobe, we miss you and need you back at EFC you bloody Legend...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit I'm surprised something definite about Pears hasn't been said yet. Probably won't change what the outcome will be, but still.

Goddard on the footy show last week let it slip...
He said only one more signing to go, that's Jobe Watson...and then he backtracked and said oh and Tayte Pears...But it was 100% clear there was only one to go...Tayte will join Courtney Johns at the MFB.

Goddard on the footy show last week let it slip...
He said only one more signing to go, that's Jobe Watson...and then he backtracked and said oh and Tayte Pears...But it was 100% clear there was only one to go...Tayte will join Courtney Johns at the MFB.
Didn't see that, but it sounds pretty indicative.

I sat in the same aisle as Pears on a flight on the way back from Splendour, which was around the end of July. So he definitely wasn't overseas with the other suspended players as that was during their trip.

If he's waiting for the appeal he could be waiting for a long time. The Swiss snobs aren't expected to fast track a decision in time for Jobe to start his pre-season. More probable it might be to do with Brownlow if anything.

Except the same Swiss courts fast tracked an appeal by the Russian Paralympic Committee, against their exclusion from the Paralympic's game in less than a month.

I think the cut off point for Jobe set by the club is down to the last two weeks. They will want to know 1 week before October 1 to finalize the last few spots but even more so to know how much extra they have for Laverde.

Better than the other one I've seen going around: #oneorangemochafrappacinothanxjobe
Thankfully I mostly don't follow idiots on twitter :p I have a list on there that is generally one-eyed Essendon folk, the club, the players, and the friendlier/neutral media outlets. So I haven't seen that one XD

Except the same Swiss courts fast tracked an appeal by the Russian Paralympic Committee, against their exclusion from the Paralympic's game in less than a month.

Think Russia have a bit more political pull than we do...

Think Russia have a bit more political pull than we do...

I am not particularly phased how long the appeal takes - Courts have always run to their own timetable.

I know it's twitter and whatever, but I've seen a lot of #ComeHomeJobe lately on my newsfeed, and I kinda like it. Lots of love for the man on that hashtag.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ComeHomeJobe

Did I see that right? Someone posted, using that hashtag, that there's only just over a week until the players can be back at the club? That crept up on me...I was thinking at least a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back