Analysis The Trade Whisperer

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone find anything the trade whisperer got right?

You'll be searching for a long while - not sure he got anything right.

Of course if you ask him he'll tell you a lot of his "whispers" take place behind the scene so can't be verified publicly.....and then he'll block you.

You'll be searching for a long while - not sure he got anything right.

Of course if you ask him he'll tell you a lot of his "whispers" take place behind the scene so can't be verified publicly.....and then he'll block you.
My favourite was how the saints "forced" Hawthorn to trade a first rounder for Tom Mitchell. Titch is easily worth a first on his own so I'm not sure how the hawks paying market value for a good player is a "whisper".

Last edited:

My favourite was how the saints "forced" Hawthorn to trade a first rounder for Tom Mitchell. Titch is easily worth a first on his own so I'm not sure how the hawks paying market value for a good player is a "whisper".
It was for Jaegar actually. Saints traded their first rounder (Pick 10) to the Hawks so they could get the deal done.

Last edited:
How is he still a thing, didn't break anything last year.

Had O'Meara and Hartlett going to Essendon, Laverde to St Kilda.

So yeah, I wouldn't be stroking its ego.

It was for Jaegar actually. Saints traded their first rounder (Pick 10) to the Hawks so they could get the deal done.
The whisperer suggested that St.Kilda were pretending to be interested in Mitchell to drive up the price for Hawthorn

The whisperer suggested that St.Kilda were pretending to be interested in Mitchell to drive up the price for Hawthorn

The whisperer is full of s**t.

Mitchell was going nowhere but Hawthorn, and St Kilda did nothing to impact that trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like him.

He gives us plebs some solid info.

If he says a player is going to Hawthorn we know they will go anywhere but Hawthorn.
If he says a player is going to Essendon we know they will go anywhere but Essendon.
If he says a player is going to Sydney we know they will go anywhere but Sydney.

Gives us alittle bit of solidity in all the otherwise randomness of the AFL trade period.

I like him.

He gives us plebs some solid info.

If he says a player is going to Hawthorn we know they will go anywhere but Hawthorn.
If he says a player is going to Essendon we know they will go anywhere but Essendon.
If he says a player is going to Sydney we know they will go anywhere but Sydney.

Gives us alittle bit of solidity in all the otherwise randomness of the AFL trade period.

So, he's just full of s**t

So, he's just full of s**t

If he's posting something that's been in the media, it's probably right because he read it in the media.
If he's posting something that hasn't been in the media, it's almost definitely horseshit.

If he's posting something that's been in the media, it's probably right because he read it in the media.
If he's posting something that hasn't been in the media, it's almost definitely horseshit.

So, someone gets inundated with media chatter. The media guys make some attempts to get the story right before they print it. Alternatively they couch it in sufficient leeway words to do cover their ass. This guy plagarises the media and otherwise just posts unsubstantiated rumors, which are Horseshit.

So, someone gets inundated with media chatter. The media guys make some attempts to get the story right before they print it. Alternatively they couch it in sufficient leeway words to do cover their ass. This guy plagarises the media and otherwise just posts unsubstantiated rumors, which are Horseshit.
Nailed it.

Better than no horseshit at all. At least we get to hear them. Sure it seems 99% of them never eventuate, but there is probably some sort of substance to them at the time.

Oh and I got blocked for asking whether he got one whisper correct last year?

Did you actually get blocked, though?

At the end of last year when he decided to re-brand as the AFL Fantasy Whisperer I asked him what his 2016 ranking was...that didn't go down too well.

He said he was going to block me but didn't follow through with it...I figured getting rid of a follower would be too big a bruise to his ego.

Wonder if dad, Mike, wonders who is the biggest screw up of the litter. One married a kiddy fiddler. Not really her fault. The other screws himself. Tough call.

Did you actually get blocked, though?

At the end of last year when he decided to re-brand as the AFL Fantasy Whisperer I asked him what his 2016 ranking was...that didn't go down too well.

He said he was going to block me but didn't follow through with it...I figured getting rid of a follower would be too big a bruise to his ego.
Well I just replied again so it would seem not. I'm guessing I'll be blocked soon though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back