MVP The "Tram Conductors"

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you still have any photos from the early days of the Fitzroy Reds at BSO?
I have a small few, thought I had more but seems time makes memory hazy. I'll post what I can find. Most photos though were of the footy, not of the real action (behind the goals).

What I have got is a heap of audio of us from a match in 2003. I'll have to listen through it and ensure it's [pg] rating and see what is worth uploading.

I have a small few, thought I had more but seems time makes memory hazy. I'll post what I can find. Most photos though were of the footy, not of the real action (behind the goals).

What I have got is a heap of audio of us from a match in 2003. I'll have to listen through it and ensure it's [pg] rating and see what is worth uploading.
I think I may of killed off most of the brain cells from 2003, would be interesting to see how the audio changes from before half-time to after.

The Mrs and I have really enjoyed standing amongst the tram conductors this year. I don't recall having to attend an initiation ceremony, unless listening to Phil's philosophy suffices. Regarding the fb cover photo was this the kick that Matt K. shanked during the second quarter? If so, this reinforces more numbers are needed and welcomed behind the goals to instruct our players exactly where to kick the ball! Funnily enough, during the final round match against Hampton the ball from Matt's three goals all landed in the arms of his old man. Furthermore on one occasion the old man retrived the ball from Brunswick St he blindly snapped the ball right into Matt's arms. It was as if the Krakouer's had returned.

The Mrs and I have really enjoyed standing amongst the tram conductors this year. I don't recall having to attend an initiation ceremony, unless listening to Phil's philosophy suffices. Regarding the fb cover photo was this the kick that Matt K. shanked during the second quarter? If so, this reinforces more numbers are needed and welcomed behind the goals to instruct our players exactly where to kick the ball! Funnily enough, during the final round match against Hampton the ball from Matt's three goals all landed in the arms of his old man. Furthermore on one occasion the old man retrived the ball from Brunswick St he blindly snapped the ball right into Matt's arms. It was as if the Krakouer's had returned.
(this is Pete) dad is too archaic and doesnt know how internet forums actually work :p
Derrinalphil reakons that the greeting of one tram conductor to another should be 'ding ding' and the reply should be 'tickets please.'

The photo was a screenshot of watching the game again on dartfish, it was Matt K having a shot in the last quarter.. i think he kicked this one..
we need EVERYONE to come down on saturday and stand behind the goals, our standard goalkicking assistance procedure is necessary!

I can't view your clip Wona, however, I assume it's the vintage scene from Indiana Jones. I'd better take along my Fitzroy membership on Saturday as a precaution.

Vimeo screwed with it the first time I loaded it mate, but it's up and going now :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL at the guy in the background wearing the paddle-pop guernsey.
Yep the little guy in the paddle pop is James, Robs son. I bought him a Fitzroy jumper two seasons ago ( Never worn it to a game since ). The youngish guy next to him in a grey T shirt is his older brother Ashley, plays for Old hailybury. Bought him a Fitzroy training top ( Hes never worn it ) and the big guy in the middle is Rob ( Bought Him a Fitzroy hat ) was so sick of seeing an old worn out Brisbane one on him.

Could people please note that my son young derrinalphil is posting using my log in doobie wacker. His posts are easily recognised by the lack of capitals and the odd use of commas.

I have already offended Mark from Mentone by banging on about this but I think that proper use of the Queen's English is important. I sent Master Derrinalphil to an expensive private school, where, much to my delight, he did five years of Latin. He knows his grammar well but refuses ( "It doesn't matter Dad" ) to put it into use.

This annoys me greatly as does backmen who do not "go the porcupine".

Yep the little guy in the paddle pop is James, Robs son. I bought him a Fitzroy jumper two seasons ago ( Never worn it to a game since ). The youngish guy next to him in a grey T shirt is his older brother Ashley, plays for Old hailybury. Bought him a Fitzroy training top ( Hes never worn it ) and the big guy in the middle is Rob ( Bought Him a Fitzroy hat ) was so sick of seeing an old worn out Brisbane one on him.
I'd like to buy one of those dark maroon and blue Fitzroy jumpers from the Fitzroy shop if I ever get down to Melbourne.

Replace the white FFC monogram to the classic gold Lion and you got the perfect Lions jumper.

Tell him to get his own log in. Since he likes to make fun of his fathers apparent lack on technological know how he's got no excuse to not sort himself out.

P.S. I went to a government school Phil so I hope you can read my post.

Could people please note that my son young derrinalphil is posting using my log in doobie wacker. His posts are easily recognised by the lack of capitals and the odd use of commas.

I have already offended Mark from Mentone by banging on about this but I think that proper use of the Queen's English is important. I sent Master Derrinalphil to an expensive private school, where, much to my delight, he did five years of Latin. He knows his grammar well but refuses ( "It doesn't matter Dad" ) to put it into use.

This annoys me greatly as does backmen who do not "go the porcupine".

Cardinal sin junior!

Apparently George Walker adopted a similar approach to the teachings of his father, George Herbert. His lacklustre attitude come to a head in the early 21st century when a General requested permission to launch his weapons. George Walker shook his head and intended to respond, 'No, war is too dangerous.' However, he was too prompt in hitting 'send' on the email and neglected the crucial fact he forgot the comma. Alas the world is forever changed.

Points of order:
1. I don't pretend to be a wordsmith myself
2. I haven't intended to offend anyone by using this story

Motley assortments of yobbos behind the goals just ain't what they used to be...

Ain't what they used to be. Ain't what they used to be...

77086_oldgreymare.gif

I am starting to put my ideas together for the official part of "The Tram Conductors".

Item One: The joining fee will not be greater than the annual fee.
Item Two: The annual fee shall be set permanently at zero.
Item Three: Membership shall be open to all that stand behind the goals at Fitzroy matches.
Item Four ????????

I propose some form of temporary membership. To be the same or a lesser cost than a full membership.
Perhaps it can be upgraded to a full membership if they ever come back for a second time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back