Opinion The Trump Presidency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the taps outta my keyboard Portology. The issues in Sweden are the same issues you have anywhere with mass immigration from one culture to another. It takes time to find an equilibrium.

Talk to the wrong Italian in the 20s in the US, or go to the wrong area of Boston with the Irish and you'll end up sleeping with the fishes. We've had issues here with the "yellow peril" and Asian gangs. As a reasonably fit white male there is no way on gods green earth I'd be walking anywhere near Kalara Reserve in Davoren Park at night. I nearly walked down a "bad" street in Redfern with a laptop slung over my arm before someone came screaming out of a cafe to warn me.

Point being - Islam is not the problem, social disenfranchisement, high poverty, low employment, poor access to services, low education are the problems. Yes, there would be elements of that community that need a stern reminder that Sweden isn't Syria, but that's been a problem for every immigrant population ever.

You both do realise that Trump used this strategy to win the GOP and then the presidency? It obviously works.
No, he used some very clever people to help sell some over promises in the right areas at the right time to win the GOP and the Presidency. I'll give him credit for being able to sell those messages, sure, but he isn't the #4DChessMaster you make him out to be.

Not every misstep is a calculated clever plot - it's more often than not just a misstep.

Took the taps outta my keyboard Portology. The issues in Sweden are the same issues you have anywhere with mass immigration from one culture to another. It takes time to find an equilibrium.

Talk to the wrong Italian in the 20s in the US, or go to the wrong area of Boston with the Irish and you'll end up sleeping with the fishes. We've had issues here with the "yellow peril" and Asian gangs. As a reasonably fit white male there is no way on gods green earth I'd be walking anywhere near Kalara Reserve in Davoren Park at night. I nearly walked down a "bad" street in Redfern with a laptop slung over my arm before someone came screaming out of a cafe to warn me.

Point being - Islam is not the problem, social disenfranchisement, high poverty, low employment, poor access to services, low education are the problems. Yes, there would be elements of that community that need a stern reminder that Sweden isn't Syria, but that's been a problem for every immigrant population ever.

Raglan St Redfern is an interesting place but I'm not aware of any drinkable coffee there ;) Lord Raglan serving hipster ales at one end and some very troubled souls about as well. Helped one of them who couldn't walk unaided reach her home there safely one night. Some scary folks in the park come out sniffing like ****ing wolves. Used my PWM Jedi powers to ignore them. The big fat old bloke who seems to live on the street with his never-washed Santa hat permanently attached to his head is not one of these scary folks. He just "troubled".

Was once an immigrant suburb, but today could be best described as in between a slow gentrification (see Redfern St just to the north) and a "camp for internally displaced Australian persons" of all kinds :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump has got everyone talking about Sweden.

Hopefully someone investigates the allegations to whether or not the government is covering up reports of crime to protect their rep.

Hopefully someone investigates the allegations to whether or not the government is covering up reports of crime to protect their rep.

No, Trump has done magician's distractions 101, as Forza keeps pointing out in vain.

You do know the Swedes are one of the US's most trusted non-five-eyes Intel partners, for reasons going all the way back to the Cold War and in spite of the prevailing social democratic tradition there? In spite of Sweden both hosting Wikileaks, Pirate Party and also seeking Assange for extradition?

Why would a police force in a country like Sweden doctor stats *downwards* for a government, thus reducing the number of police required? How are the real numbers *not* going to get out? No one bar a conspiratorial government - begging the question logically - gets anything out of falsifying the stats.

Wild claims are not "allegations". Speaking of magician's tricks 101.

Attack? Keep your hopes to yourself if you don't want them questioned.
It's quite easy to skip if you don't like what you read or ignore up to you. I have much more high hopes than this but I am pretty sure you know that. Do you question everyone that says I hope it doesn't rain?

Finding out the truth about Sweden isn't exactly a bad thing.

Last edited:

A 2 minute dig through Sweden's bra website reveals some worrying upward trends that can't all be explained away by changing legislation or population growth. Don really should have handled the Ami interview in a much more professional manner but instead it will now be another thread in the FAKE NEWS tapestry. I suppose it's fitting that the interview was on CNN.

Last edited:
A 2 minute dig through Sweden's bra's website reveals some worrying upward trends that can't all be explained away by changing legislation or population growth. Don really should have handled the Ami interview in a much more professional manner but instead it will now be another thread in the FAKE NEWS tapestry. I suppose it's fitting that the interview was on CNN.
Don does this to everyone he disagrees with though and in the aim of fairness Ami is right as it gets.

Last edited:
Speaking of the media, saw this cover a few days ago. Do you think it paints Trump in a positive or negative light?

trump-cover-final.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/31339/53/

1 day after Trump's presser,

Any mainstream coverage?......nope
That source might advantage itself if it didn't use an oft repeated "Civil Unrest" stock image as evidence:

Capture2.JPG

FAKE NEWS indeed.

and these Rinkeby Riots were pretty much a few burnt cars and some broken windows by "several" people. It was also instigated by an arrest in a train station.

A standard day in Angle Vale, in other words.

http://www.thelocal.se/20170221/swedish-press-photographer-assaulted-in-rinkeby-riots

Last edited:
As usual. Out of context, massively overblown, and playing to Trump's anti-immigrant fans. Aaaand none of that means "there are no problems".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/02/21/riots-erupt-in-swedens-capital-just-days-after-trump-comments/?tid=sm_fb?tid=sm_fb

Amazing how often #TrumpXplainers continually hammering the FAKE NEWS line to discredit well researched and sourced journalism are continually and repeatedly sucked in with actual FAKE NEWS.

Do we really want this thread to go down the road of comparing systemic child abuse by religious institutions?

Obviously painting a chaotic picture in the White House.
Its reality.

Either you think hes making massive positive change or you think he is chipping away at the foundations of democracy itself, either way its been a whirlwind.

Do we really want this thread to go down the road of comparing systemic child abuse by religious institutions?

It was exactly the same denials of reality that let that situation grow and fester for years, if Bernie Sanders had said Sweden's up s**t creek there'd be either agreement or nothing but because Trump we have some triple pykes with a twist going on from progressives and haters to want to prove him wrong, in complete denial of the reality of Sweden's current situation.

The Presidents point was that he will not knowingly import that problems that these countries already have, on cue Sweden has a riot in the same place that the 60 minutes crew got a welcome from what she thought would be a puff piece on 'migrants'.

The situation facing America (and Australia) is totally different to that in Europe. America and Aus are both many more kilometres and oceans away from the Middle East and both countries have a more diverse ethnic makeup than western European countries, so I don't think border control and immigration are as big issues as they are made out to be.

In Australia in particular, if we didn't treat asylum seekers as bad as we do (both major parties), then I would have a dozen other issues I'd like our politics to revolve around ahead of immigration.

For Australia I think the issue is more about the immigrants from any country or any background coming in and committing crime or taking advantage of the generous system.

This has nothing to do with those who come and try to make a better life for themselves.

It was exactly the same denials of reality that let that situation grow and fester for years, if Bernie Sanders had said Sweden's up s**t creek there'd be either agreement or nothing but because Trump we have some triple pykes with a twist going on from progressives and haters to want to prove him wrong, in complete denial of the reality of Sweden's current situation.

The Presidents point was that he will not knowingly import that problems that these countries already have, on cue Sweden has a riot in the same place that the 60 minutes crew got a welcome from what she thought would be a puff piece on 'migrants'.

Denial of the reality of what situation?

it's been shown by simple reference to the original interviewees to be a "situation" totally overblown by Trump. Not by "triple pikes".

A habitual liar gets fact checked reflexively and with more care than others, but the fact checking turns out to be ridiculously easy anyway, and a bunch of those with sympathy for some of said liar's opinions are still in "denial".

That's the bloody situation. For Oz, it *suggests* the same "sympathisers" might be susceptible to our own home grown liar-idiots, who show even less sophistication than Trump's media cartwheels.

Riot last night in low socio economic suburb now also with many migrants because it's cheap, post a bloody drug bust. And the folks who did that were who, exactly? Right. Let's just make assumptions shall we?

You're building on sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back