Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardest way possible!

New players to the game now like me have had every easy money glitch and everything else shut off to them as Projekt Red patch everything!
Its good in a way, but bugger it makes it hard. Looks like I'll be rolling the Cat School Gear for better stamina and faster attacks .

Its good in a way, but bugger it makes it hard. Looks like I'll be rolling the Cat School Gear for better stamina and faster attacks .

Spend your upgrade/character points to get the Whirlwind ability when building your character as it is a deadly fast attack combo if you combine them with the greater Red Mutagens.

Takes a bit to get there though as it is late in the Combat build but well worth investing in.

If you also find after playing the game you may have spent valuable points on the wrong things early on you can get a Potion of clearance that resets the lot of em and you are free to build you Geralt character again but it costs 1000 coin and Kiera Metz sells it.

With Hearts of Stone in regards to armour:

You can get the Runeright to make heavy armour act like light armour. It's great, probably the best part of that particular add on.

ATTENTION: Anyone been able to get down the cliff wall near Benek (in Velen) facing the foggy Island?

I saw what looked like a lit shrine along cliff edge but havent been able to find a safe way down and wanted to see if there was a hidden loot or something.

For those who dont know what I am on about. Head to Benek and proceed in the direction towards to Foggy Island, but stop just before cliff edge walk along and you will see it.

Cant find any clips or guides on it, but it seemed like it had a purpose. Every time i get down I die.

Chism Bender_ Pawel Dannnnnnnnnn

ATTENTION: Anyone been able to get down the cliff wall near Benek (in Velen) facing the foggy Island?

I saw what looked like a lit shrine along cliff edge but havent been able to find a safe way down and wanted to see if there was a hidden loot or something.

For those who dont know what I am on about. Head to Benek and proceed in the direction towards to Foggy Island, but stop just before cliff edge walk along and you will see it.

Cant find any clips or guides on it, but it seemed like it had a purpose. Every time i get down I die.

Chism Bender_ Pawel Dannnnnnnnnn

Cant say i have seen it and what is Foggy island? I have not unearthed it yet but i presume it is the Island East of Benek ??

That is all i can see on the Map and can you put a photo up of the map with your/the location circled cause i may visit it and have a Captains Cook at it!

Cant say i have seen it and what is Foggy island? I have not unearthed it yet but i presume it is the Island East of Benek ??

That is all i can see on the Map and can you put a photo up of the map with your/the location circled cause i may visit it and have a Captains Cook at it!

All good. Manage to get down there. It was just another exit/enteance to the cave where there is 2 monster nests.

Epic let down considering I died 15 times just trying to get down there.

All good. Manage to get down there. It was just another exit/enteance to the cave where there is 2 monster nests.

Epic let down considering I died 15 times just trying to get down there.

I saw those 2 monster nests North East of Benek ( Towards the Water ) on my map and i had already cleared them and thought to myself they can't be it can they?? lol

This game is Epic though and i am loving it , only 2 main quests to go and i am finding myself holding off doing them even though there is plenty after the main quest is done but it is sort of a let down when you have completed the main story.

I saw those 2 monster nests North East of Benek ( Towards the Water ) on my map and i had already cleared them and thought to myself they can't be it can they?? lol

This game is Epic though and i am loving it , only 2 main quests to go and i am finding myself holding off doing them even though there is plenty after the main quest is done but it is sort of a let down when you have completed the main story.

A lot of the side quests get closed off after you finish the main story.

A lot of the side quests get closed off after you finish the main story.

Holding off doing the " Battle Preparations " quest then until i explore more and Velen is still 50% unexplored for me currently as i concentrated on the main quests etc. Novigrad still has heaps of Notice board quests for me to coupled with ????? everywhere on my map page which are mainly monster nests etc.

I just don't want anything to automatically fail quest wise if hold off for a while doing that quest mentioned above and forcing me to go back to prior game saves.

Can you still access the whole open world when you have completed the main quest line? I.e Velen / Novigrad / Skellige etc?

Skellige for me is only 30% covered as the game pushes you into doing the main quest story line especially after you do the " Isle of the Mists " quest and finally locate Ciri.

Last edited:
Holding off doing the " Battle Preparations " quest then until i explore more and Velen is still 50% unexplored for me currently as i concentrated on the main quests etc. Novigrad still has heaps of Notice board quests for me to coupled with ????? everywhere on my map page which are mainly monster nests etc.

I just don't want anything to automatically fail quest wise if hold off for a while doing that quest mentioned above and forcing me to go back to prior game saves.

Can you still access the whole open world when you have completed the main quest line? I.e Velen / Novigrad / Skellige etc?

Skellige for me is only 30% covered as the game pushes you into doing the main quest story line especially after you do the " Isle of the Mists " quest and finally locate Ciri.

Yeah can still access all the map after completing the game, just some of the quests and characters are no longer available afterwards. Can't tell you exactly which ones but I did the all quests available before completion.

I still have all the Witcher gear quests to do and do they stop after completion?

Otherwise i will do em now! Random notice board quests do not really worry me about rescuing some peasants cousin who was killed by a Wrath!

Also if you're looking for red mutagens then do the monster nests, most of those are nekkers or alghouls and they tend to drop them.

Done heaps of them but they are to low a level to drop Red Mutagens.

I am level 30 and most nests i come across are around 10-12 opponent level and i just smash them with 1 hit and they drop SFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still have all the Witcher gear quests to do and do they stop after completion?

Otherwise i will do em now! Random notice board quests do not really worry me about rescuing some peasants cousin who was killed by a Wrath!

I don't think they're affected as they're treasure hunts and not limited by characters available.

Done heaps of them but they are to low a level to drop Red Mutagens.

I am level 30 and most nests i come across are around 10-12 opponent level and i just smash them with 1 hit and they drop SFA.

I did most of my exploring before doing the main quest, might explain why I managed to find more.

I did most of my exploring before doing the main quest, might explain why I managed to find more.
Yeah i tried this but my low level always saw me becoming over powered by higher rated enemies and the Main Quest lines meant you leveled up so much quicker as massive XP points are awarded.

Going near or through the Byways had me cursing for days on around level 10 as the level 22 Ghouls just smashed me and i could not even fast travel there to get to another location cause the pricks were always right at the sign post on the main road in and out!

Roach shits himself bucks me off and bang you are dead! lol

Back