Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished Hearts of Stone today. Found it extremely meh. Spent more time watching cut scenes than actual gameplay.

Got Blood and Wine to go, which has been reviewed rather well so looking forward to wrapping up the game on a high note.

Having sunk somewhere around 110 hours into it so far it's safe to say it's probably one of the best games I've ever played (somewhere around top 5-10) - I'm not a big fantasy fan but it's been pretty awesome. Still rate it begind GTA V and Fallout for overall experience, just not as much fun but I guess it's not as light-hearted as GTA and I preferred the crafting in Fallout 4. Graphics and world is way better than both of those though.

Finished Hearts of Stone today. Found it extremely meh. Spent more time watching cut scenes than actual gameplay.

Got Blood and Wine to go, which has been reviewed rather well so looking forward to wrapping up the game on a high note.

Having sunk somewhere around 110 hours into it so far it's safe to say it's probably one of the best games I've ever played (somewhere around top 5-10) - I'm not a big fantasy fan but it's been pretty awesome. Still rate it begind GTA V and Fallout for overall experience, just not as much fun but I guess it's not as light-hearted as GTA and I preferred the crafting in Fallout 4. Graphics and world is way better than both of those though.
I'm with you on HoS, thought it was a bit of a letdown but still a decent experience. I found B&W to be an absolute masterpiece though so hopefully you enjoy it just as much. :thumbsu:

HoS was definitely a great story but you're right about the actual gameplay.
That being said BaW was dead set impeccable. I will be travelling back shortly after a long break.

I am absolutely stunned at the amount if Smuggler Caches in Skillege. Anyone taken the time to sail around to get them? Over 20 just on the East side of Skillege Isle.. that would take just over an hour to get.

Yeah my OCD wouldn't let me not do it. I spent an afternoon getting them all, took me about 5 hours I think. Most annoying thing is the Sirens etc.

Finally killed the level 48 Arch-griffen in Skellige last night and grabbed the treasure before starting B&W. Felt nice to finally wrap everything up on those maps.

I am absolutely stunned at the amount if Smuggler Caches in Skillege. Anyone taken the time to sail around to get them? Over 20 just on the East side of Skillege Isle.. that would take just over an hour to get.

Got them all, it was pain in the behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah my OCD wouldn't let me not do it. I spent an afternoon getting them all, took me about 5 hours I think. Most annoying thing is the Sirens etc.

Finally killed the level 48 Arch-griffen in Skellige last night and grabbed the treasure before starting B&W. Felt nice to finally wrap everything up on those maps.

Haha, same here. 100% OCD

Got them all, it was pain in the behind

What sort of goodies were involved and was it worth the trouble?

If it is just run of the mill stuff i think not but if Red Mutagens are on offer than it is worth it as they are the rarest in the game and hardest to get that Drowners and others rarely drop. Crafting them into Greater Mutagens also takes a heap of time as you work them up the scale to get the highest rated one for your character build.

I am level 29 and close to the final quest and still struggle to get Red Mutagens or enough of them to craft into better ones and Google search has everyone saying the same things!

I bet. I had to get the Ursine armour and refused to give up killing the lv 30 Ice elemental at lv 23.

The sirens are a PITA when they are right overhead and cant be shot or just that bit far. The controller to move between crossbow/sword takes too long when they swoop.

If it is just run of the mill stuff i think not but if Red Mutagens are on offer than it is worth it as they are the rarest in the game and hardest to get that Drowners and others rarely drop. Crafting them into Greater Mutagens also takes a heap of time as you work them up the scale to get the highest rated one for your character build.

I am level 29 and close to the final quest and still struggle to get Red Mutagens or enough of them to craft into better ones and Google search has everyone saying the same things!

I honestly don’t remember. But I have a feeling that it was a waste of time...

I bet. I had to get the Ursine armour and refused to give up killing the lv 30 Ice elemental at lv 23.

The sirens are a PITA when they are right overhead and cant be shot or just that bit far. The controller to move between crossbow/sword takes too long when they swoop.

Those bastards that throw Mud in your eyes are also a pain in the arse!

I reckon I have 1 great red Mutagen. I can't see anything worthwhile apart from magic outfits and relic swords. Rest just common weapons/outfits/crowns and craftables.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all pretty average stuff honestly.

I reckon I have 1 great red Mutagen. I can't see anything worthwhile apart from magic outfits and relic swords. Rest just common weapons/outfits/crowns and craftables.

Google Red Mutagen locations and everyone asks the same thing! I have been to the Whale Farm in Skellige and mediated etc left came back so the Black Drowners re spawn and still only average 1 Red Mutagen drop every 45mins of trying.

It is because greater Red Mutagens are massive in your combat character build.

Hags lol.

Anyone know which witcher gear is the best and how to farm red mutagens? What have people rolled with?

Google it! ;)

Good luck finding an answer and i have tried!

Ive seen them around a lake in Valen/Novigrad where you got to find the runaways. Next to Widow Grotto

According to Projekt Red Witcher Forums forums the higher the enemies level the more chance you have of a Red Mutagen drop and they are forever patching easy way outs in the game!

Killing 10+ Level 3 Drowners and Nekkers while you are on 25+ will never see a Red Mutagen drop.

According to Projekt Red Witcher Forums forums the higher the enemies level the more chance you have of a Red Mutagen drop and they are forever patching easy way outs in the game!

Killing 10+ Level 3 Drowners and Nekkers while you are on 25+ will never see a Red Mutagen drop.

How else do they expect us to get them?

How else do they expect us to get them?

Hardest way possible!

New players to the game now like me have had every easy money glitch and everything else shut off to them as Projekt Red patch everything!

Back