Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just started a new file on DeathMarch! Forgot how hard the game was early on, I'm still in white Orchard - I haven't died yet. It's tough to get the health back after every fight though.

After playing Zelda BOTW, I keep messing up the controls. I already beat the main game on DeathMarch, I think I beat the first expansion on DeathMarch but the second expansion was on the Normal mode (whatever it's called) for some reason... I thought it was incredibly easy until I was nearly finished and I noticed the difficulty had changed.

I remember there was a glitch not long after the game came out which would automatically change your difficulty to something easier, it ruined my first DeathMarch attempt when I was level 6.

Just went to start a new game+ last night and had a heart attack after thinking i'd overwritten my completed game save with a pre-finish save where I finally got into Gwent.

Crisis averted and I found a 2nd manual save. But now i'm trying to re-familiarise myself with everything about the game - my last save game was dated July 2015 - and I think the New+ version slightly changes/glosses over the original completed campaign. I didn't get to do the Kaer Morhen tutorial stuff... which would've been really handy to revisit. :(

Anyone on the Gwent beta?
Will be tonight, played the Alpha on xbox, its quite a boring game when the only thing to do is play Gwent. Still think they should have released it as a mobile game.

Will be tonight, played the Alpha on xbox, its quite a boring game when the only thing to do is play Gwent. Still think they should have released it as a mobile game.

Enjoyed Gwent in Witcher, did have a look at it a few times but didnt really get into it, thought i would of mind you

Might have a look at it again one day

Agreed, would make a decent mobile game

That's is how i felt when i finished too, especially when i began my search for a new game to play, i realised there is a dearth of decent games to play on the xbone, i have played Fallout 4, tomb raider and obviously the gift that is Witcher, oh and Sunset Overdrive since i purchased the xbox last year..Not into sports game anymore, tried Fifa 17 and was bored shitless in one hour

Currently giving Borderlands 2 another run, hanging out for Red Dead but since that's going to be a while, The Witcher may get another run through yet
Have you played "Res Evil Biohazard" Or MGS "Phantom Pain" Yet? There both great plays, still through MGS, not as good as Witcher but it certainly has grown on me

Have you played "Res Evil Biohazard" Or MGS "Phantom Pain" Yet? There both great plays, still through MGS, not as good as Witcher but it certainly has grown on me

Used to play the early Resident Evil games but havent played one for a while

Thanks for the info, will check them out

What are peoples thoughts on comparing this game to The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim?

The above is my most favourite game ever and i just got a new XBox 1S so thinking of getting TW3 for sure but i am interested in comparisons to Skyrim etc from people that have played both.

What are peoples thoughts on comparing this game to The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim?

The above is my most favourite game ever and i just got a new XBox 1S so thinking of getting TW3 for sure but i am interested in comparisons to Skyrim etc from people that have played both.
Others will be able to give you a better comparison, but for reference, I played a little of Skyrim and really couldn't get into it, while The Witcher is one of my favourite gaming experiences this generation - so while there are similarities, there are significant differences as well.

The story of Witcher is magnificent and probably the key difference between it and Skyrim. It's so masterfully weaved through gameplay for such a massive game. Really sets the bar high for creative storytelling.

Others will be able to give you a better comparison, but for reference, I played a little of Skyrim and really couldn't get into it, while The Witcher is one of my favourite gaming experiences this generation - so while there are similarities, there are significant differences as well.

The story of Witcher is magnificent and probably the key difference between it and Skyrim. It's so masterfully weaved through gameplay for such a massive game. Really sets the bar high for creative storytelling.

I was the same regarding Skyrim, couldn't get into but Witcher sucked me right in and I didn't want to stop.

Agree with this 100%. Played the living s**t out of the Witcher 3 and loved every moment of it. Find Skyrim to be quite a grind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers guys and i am a massive Skyrim fan and love these open world games, gee Skyrim had me up till well after 4am some nights playing!

Glad i found a title like this i am yet to play yet and will get it for sure but what is the difference between the " Game of the year " edition and the original Wild Hunt game?

https://ebgames.com.au/any/any?q=The+Witcher+3&availability=onlinestock

Both pretty cheap and is it worth getting the more expensive GOY edition or just stick to the original for $30?

Cheers guys and i am a massive Skyrim fan and love these open world games, gee Skyrim had me up till well after 4am some nights playing!

Glad i found a title like this i am yet to play yet and will get it for sure but what is the difference between the " Game of the year " edition and the original Wild Hunt game?

Both pretty cheap and is it worth getting the more expensive GOY edition or just stick to the original for $30?
GOTY has the expansions. Get the GOTY if you can.

Glad i found a title like this i am yet to play yet and will get it for sure but it was the difference between the " Game of the year " edition and the original Wild Hunt game?

GOTY edition has the two DLC stories included. They are very, very good, and definitely worth playing if you don't mind paying extra.

You can always buy them separately after you've finished the main game as well, so buying the base version now doesn't preclude you from playing them.

Definitely get GOTY edition, the expansions are excellent.

The Witcher 3 is probably the greatest game I've played, has everything you want in an open world RPG.

Skyrim was good but I could never really get into it, I found Fallout 4 to be much better and more enjoyable.

The Witcher 3 is probably the greatest game I've played, has everything you want in an open world RPG.

Skyrim was good but I could never really get into it, I found Fallout 4 to be much better and more enjoyable.

We are all different but I do have a love for Dragons which may have made me like Skyrim more!

Will be getting The Witcher tomorrow after work but I may wait in saying that cause I am immersed in Forza 3 ATM which came for free with my new XBox 1S!

When comparing the two on story, both in quality and depth, there's no contest whatsoever. The Witcher 3 is superior in every way and when comparing it with Skyrim you realise just how empty and cold Skyrim feels. The script for TW3, excluding the two expansions, was over 450,000 words long, with 950 speaking roles and took 2.5 years to record. I haven't got figures on the two expansions, but if you take your time exploring all the new content it will probably be another 40+ hours, so maybe another 100,000 on top. Whatever the length, it's the quality of the writing that really makes it shine, characters have distinct personalities with some that you'll love and some that you'll love to hate even more. Then the universe is expanded upon even further through text in books and such which you find across the world. While many of these are linked to quests, some just give a greater explanation of the world in which the game is set. The effort put into the story is just immense and puts the big gaming studios to shame. And then there's the voice acting, which is right up there with the best I've played.

When comparing the two on story, both in quality and depth, there's no contest whatsoever. The Witcher 3 is superior in every way and when comparing it with Skyrim you realise just how empty and cold Skyrim feels. The script for TW3, excluding the two expansions, was over 450,000 words long, with 950 speaking roles and took 2.5 years to record. I haven't got figures on the two expansions, but if you take your time exploring all the new content it will probably be another 40+ hours, so maybe another 100,000 on top. Whatever the length, it's the quality of the writing that really makes it shine, characters have distinct personalities with some that you'll love and some that you'll love to hate even more. Then the universe is expanded upon even further through text in books and such which you find across the world. While many of these are linked to quests, some just give a greater explanation of the world in which the game is set. The effort put into the story is just immense and puts the big gaming studios to shame. And then there's the voice acting, which is right up there with the best I've played.

Regarding the Open world between the 2 games which is bigger?

Game style is not exactly my cup of tea, but it's one of the best games I've ever played. Very little about the game could be done any better. Only bought it January with the season pass for $20 on PS4 and jammed about 60 hours into it and have taken a break, still have both DLC's to do.

Back