The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind Finey,but he lost the plot talking about UFC the other day. Went off on a tangent about Greco Roman wrestling, that the UFC is homo-erotic and how boxing is far superior somehow.

Ok, my two cents worth...

Francis Leach - I like the guy, I think he does a good straight man to a silly *er like Shwarz..... however I feel like the Ox is pissing it in a bit between rounds of golf, so Leach has suffered a bit. Bit too intelligent for SEN for mine, and gets a little drawn in on the world topics often discussed. Does know his sport though. When they announced he was coming back wth the Ox i thought it would be amazing.... them 6 years ago together was the funniest radio around at the time (it may have been my immature brain perhaps).

The Ox - As above.... like him generally but i don't think he's doing the yards in prep anymore. Too many old boy stories and too many of his "inside whispers" are total BS. That giggle makes me want to punch him.

Mark Allen - Og God where do I start.... This flog is the stupidest upper middle class ***** in the world. Zero knowledge about sport outside of golf, completely reactionary, and literally trumpets whatever he read in the Herald Sun that morning on the radio. Zero personality.

Finey - Well.... i guess you gotta have someone for the grumpy male baby boomers. If he was allowed to say that women belong in the kitchen and the gays have no place in football I'm sure he would. His old man rants after the footy are funny, but I suspect he's there to appeal to people who long for the 70s back.

Harf - He's alright. Inoffensive, plays a good straight man. I think he'd go well with Dr Turf, tempering his antagonistic style.

Dr Turf - I love the bloke. I sorta see him as a more likable version of Finey. Good in small doses... I think he'd do poorly with lots of air time.

Maher - This guy shouldn't be allowed to do interviews....i swear his self masturbatory style of asking questions only ever leaves the guest with his jizz all over them. Not funny, not insightful, should be reading the news or something.

KB, Denham, Patrick Smith - Glue Factory (as above). Replace with Niel Balme.

Rita - * i hated that mole. Entitled upper middle class bogan. Called her kid Cooper.... the fact anyone did whats necessary for a kid astounds me.

Dermott - I'm going to make this comment................REALLY slowly so I sound smart

Mooney - I think he's ok, but needs to cut the umbilical cord he has to Geelong. I know his entire life success is invested in that rat heap in Geelong, but jesus dude. Grow up.

And does anyone know who the English question talker is? Dave Colbert?

"Do I think Australia are on track for the World Cup? No I don't. Do I think Ange has time to turn the ship around? Yes I do"

The Pom is Jonathon Howcroft. Amazing how useless he is.

Personally for mine it's a segment-by-segment thing. My personal favourite is Pure Footy (Thursdays 4pm), where Harf and Mark shut up for an hour and let King and Glen Luff just talk stats for an hour. Sensational. Really enjoy Rohan Connolly and wish he'd get out of print and onto SEN - he's head and shoulders above anyone else for personality and knowledge of the game.

Their weekend call is often depending on call team. Best Friday night call, mostly because Huddo. Reasonable when Matt Granland is commentating. Shisen when it's KB.

In short, I agree. Sack Mark Allen. Leave Finey - he's great for antagonising the melters after a Friday night. KB needs to be put out of his misery.

I have to say, I love the Friday night, but preferred it when it was Ox, Turf and Matt Grandlin (?). Turf's betting exchange and the 5 at 5 had me in stitches.

KB is a drunk, couldn't even remember weather or not the Lions won in round 23 last year, or who they were playing.

Francis Leach is a sensationalist parasite, can't stand his work...

I went off Francis Leach years ago, he just seemed like a total smart arse to me. I detest smart arses. However, a mate of mine knows Leach very well and has convinced me he's okay. Haven't heard him on air for years, so maybe he's not the smart arse he used to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can not do Andy Maher anymore. Sure he's probably a nice bloke,but his voice is mind numbing. I'm all for variety of sporting topics,but it feels like Maher or his producers go out of their way to interview guests that most people couldn't give a s**t about like netballers, Paralympians or female cricketers etc. I'm not tuning into SEN in the car thinking "gee I hope we're finding out more about that female cricketer I've never heard of with the average of 19 runs" with the inevitable line from Andy maher saying that they are just as talented as the male cricketers etc etc. Everything is an "outstanding effort" too.

Sorry,I'm rage posting

Last edited:
Maher is the only one that I actually can't/won't listen to..his voice and the way he speaks.."you blokes etc" gets up my nose.
Yes. It's almost like he tries to sound like an occa Aussie bloke too much to the point of nausea

Maher makes my ears bleed. Also has a condescending tone which is incredibly annoying.

Poor old Andy, great face for radio, great voice for print.

KB is a drunk, couldn't even remember weather or not the Lions won in round 23 last year, or who they were playing.
KB plays the old double bluff

He is deadly serious in the points he argues, but he does it in such a way that it comes across as 'taking the piss'.
He does it that way so that when he gets 'owned' because of his stupidity, he can say "Oh I was only joking, did you think I was serious"

KB also carries a grudge, most of them for life.
Anyone who has 'crossed' him in the past will get a 'bake' when ever what they do or say is called into question. KB will be right there leading the charge and giving it to them with both barrels.
Make no mistake, he is a nasty piece of work who uses his program as a way to get even with those he doesn't like and he disguises it as Sports Talk Back

Jon Ralph can go suck a ball bag aswell. The guy is a trade talk/footy whispers journo that thinks he's a football analyst now. Likes to make after the fact statements to sound like an expert

Ok, my two cents worth...

Rita - **** i hated that mole. Entitled upper middle class bogan. Called her kid Cooper.... the fact anyone did whats necessary for a kid astounds me.

Could it be Rita called the kid Cooper because that's how it all happened? Must have taken a slab of Coopers Pale to entice RoCo to make a human with RiPa.

The Andy Maher effect has taken over.

The art of question asking is dead.

Had to laugh today when Maher was interviewing John Fahey and he said "just one more question 'cos I know you have to go" (paraphrasing), then proceeded to ask one of his incredibly long winded questions!

Had to laugh today when Maher was interviewing John Fahey and he said "just one more question 'cos I know you have to go" (paraphrasing), then proceeded to ask one of his incredibly long winded questions!

Can somebody please put a stopwatch on him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back