Things That s**t Me (Video Game edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

* The lack of instruction books with games these days. Or if there is one, it's a token effort at best. I always used to love reading them. Rubbish how rare they are these days.

* The focus on online/DLC/extras. Stuff that s**t. Just give me a good, solid, lengthy, enjoyable story campaign. Give me one good map over 18 rubbish "map packs" or some s**t. Sick of it. I just want to sit down and play the game, not have to decide which version I want to play and make sure people I know are online.

* The lack of instruction books with games these days. Or if there is one, it's a token effort at best. I always used to love reading them. Rubbish how rare they are these days.

Yeah miss this too. What am I meant to read before my pre new game dump?

* Accessing online wait time during load up. I'm not playing online you campaigner. I don't give a s**t about how my score compares to some 12 year old s**t head in Iowa who plays all *en day. Start the *en game, the 3 hours I get to play a week is precious so hurry the * up campaigner.

* Having dumb down, hold your hand games to appeal to masses so no one feels excluded. Not a game you buy today you think gee I hope I can finish this, some of my favorite games I've never finished.

I've read this 10 times, and I still have NFI what you're saying, beta :p.

I've read this 10 times, and I still have NFI what you're saying, beta :p.

Games are too easy.

The flight classes in GTAV.

I keep skipping over good music on the radio in GTAV and can't remember what station it was, because I then have to go full circle to go back to it.

I keep skipping over good music on the radio in GTAV and can't remember what station it was, because I then have to go full circle to go back to it.

Hold the left button down on the d-pad lets you select any radio station just like the weapon wheel.

No more going full circle.

Hold the left button down on the d-pad lets you select any radio station just like the weapon wheel.

No more going full circle.

Yes! Non stop Pop radio the whole road trip!

-Good games having their gameplay mechanics compromised to dumb down the formula for morons and children
-DLC, unless it comes out on a disc like GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City. I like to physically own games that I've spent money on.
-The lack of instruction manuals in today's games - who didn't love flipping through the whole thing before putting the disc in?
-Sports games having cheap ways of screwing you (like getting burned off off-screen) rather than factoring it into some quirk of the ball or sport

Yeah miss this too. What am I meant to read before my pre new game dump?
You will enjoy Don Bradman Cricket 14 then. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will enjoy Don Bradman Cricket 14 then. ;)

A cricket game giving me everything I've ever wanted in a cricket game, AND it's bringing back the instruction manual?
You're killing me, release it already! :eek:

******* undisableable (it's a word, * you) hand-holding for long-standing games that never change.

X and Y are what, the hundredth Pokemon game using mostly the same mechanics?

"HI THERE, LET ME SHOW YOU HOW TO CATCH A POKEMON!"

* off.

• Getting constantly owned in an online shooter. Being colourblind doesnt help and gives me a legit excuse, but still shits me.
  • Loooong boss fights. Hello Borderlands. In fact the entirety of Borderlands UVHM. It took 20 mins to bring down 1 boss and if he gibbed a kill, start all over. It's just grindy. The enemy health replenishment meant I was shooting him yet his replenishment was better than the incoming bullet damage.
  • Tacked on MP. Bioshock 2 was bad; others game do it. Its development time spent on crap when the story could be made better

MKwii_Blueshell.jpg

******* undisableable (it's a word, **** you) hand-holding for long-standing games that never change.

X and Y are what, the hundredth Pokemon game using mostly the same mechanics?

"HI THERE, LET ME SHOW YOU HOW TO CATCH A POKEMON!"

**** off.

I actually think X&Y are the worst exponents of this. Because it's the only Pokemon game that allows you to catch Pokemon before that bitch comes up to show you how.

I spent 10 minutes catching 5 pokemon, take one step forward and it's all "Let me show you how to catch Pokemon"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back