Multiplat Yakuza games

Remove this Banner Ad

I am interested in these types of games, never played them before. I have a PS5, is their someplace I need to start playing them? How about one called Lost Judgement? Is it any good or actually part of the series? Not a turned based combat person at all, so are these games turn based or not?

Cheers.
Only Like a Dragon and LAD: Infinite Wealth are turned based.

I'd start with Yakuza 0 and go from there.

Judgement and Lost Judgement are set in the same universe but don't crossover much. I'd leave these until you've played the others.

Only Like a Dragon and LAD: Infinite Wealth are turned based.

I'd start with Yakuza 0 and go from there.

Judgement and Lost Judgement are set in the same universe but don't crossover much. I'd leave these until you've played the others.
Thanks for replying friend. Bought Yakuza 0 on the PS Store this morning(It was on sale) and even though only played for a couple hours so far, really enjoying it. Must say though the karaoke part threw me for a second haha.

Thanks for replying friend. Bought Yakuza 0 on the PS Store this morning(It was on sale) and even though only played for a couple hours so far, really enjoying it. Must say though the karaoke part threw me for a second haha.
Nice, just a couple of things to note, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 are remakes of Y1 and 2, definitely play those rather than the original. Y3 and 4 are pretty dated, still playable, but look and feel the worst of the lot. I'd play through to Y6 in order, then Like a Dragon, The Man Who Erased His Name, Infinite Wealth.

These games are always on sale on the PS Store, so keep looking out for them. Enjoy, it’s an incredible series of games. And welcome to the Yakuza community!

Spent the last couple of weeks getting through the Y: LAD/Gaiden/Ishin/IW substories. Also did IW’s
Bucket list

I knew it already from doing the 0/Kiwami/Kiwami 2/6 substories recently but you simply can’t skip the substories for any of these games. There is a vast Yakuza universe and the main story is just a very small part of it. You’re basically missing out on backstory by not doing them.

Spent the last couple of weeks getting through the Y: LAD/Gaiden/Ishin/IW substories. Also did IW’s
Bucket list

I knew it already from doing the 0/Kiwami/Kiwami 2/6 substories recently but you simply can’t skip the substories for any of these games. There is a vast Yakuza universe and the main story is just a very small part of it. You’re basically missing out on backstory by not doing them.
Yeh, which is why I can't believe such a huge Yakuza nerd (said affectionately) took so long to do them!

Yeh, which is why I can't believe such a huge Yakuza nerd (said affectionately) took so long to do them!

Because I am an idiot.

Don’t have a better response than that.

I have 3-5 to go. Looking forward to more Yakuza hilarity.

Because I am an idiot.

Don’t have a better response than that.

I have 3-5 to go. Looking forward to more Yakuza hilarity.

How many substories did you do (roughly) on your first play through? Surely even completing a handful would make it pretty obvious they have enjoyable story beats?

How many substories did you do (roughly) on your first play through? Surely even completing a handful would make it pretty obvious they have enjoyable story beats?
Throughout Y0/K/K2/3/4/5/6/LAD/Gaiden/Ishin/IW. I would say about 35-40 all up.

Definitely didn’t play these games as intended. Now I would say I have done 98% of the substories of the bolded games.

To give myself a bit of credit, at least I am correcting my mistakes with these games now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly I'll never judge anybody by the way they play a game if they enjoy them as much as me. However I will consider previous omissions of substories in this series as a weird decision 😛. I think they are a great balance to entire experience as the main stories can be super heavy, especially the Judgement games. Then obviously the reoccurring characters just add that extra charm to each game.

Firstly I'll never judge anybody by the way they play a game if they enjoy them as much as me. However I will consider previous omissions of substories in this series as a weird decision 😛. I think they are a great balance to entire experience as the main stories can be super heavy, especially the Judgement games. Then obviously the reoccurring characters just add that extra charm to each game.

Some of those Miss Match’s 😂

Couldn’t help get excited with what a potential Kiwami 3 would look like since we saw all those
snapshots of Yakuza 3 in all it’s glorious updated visuals
. :D

Some of those Miss Match’s 😂

Couldn’t help get excited with what a potential Kiwami 3 would look like since we saw all those
snapshots of Yakuza 3 in all it’s glorious updated visuals
. :D

Unless you've played Baka Mitai as much as me throughout the series you may not have noticed that the photos and memories Kiryu always uses is relevant to the current story. Like in Gaiden it used Fighter for example because Pocket Racing was back. In IW it was all the orphanage (no kids from memory) and lots of doggo. Since none of it was really relevant to IW unless it was nodding to Kiryu's past, I was wondering if it was foreshadowing Kiwami 3.

RGG still have a "major announcement" this year and I think they'll do like they did two years ago and announce a new game plus a remake.

I forgot how infuriating the combat is Yakuza 4 (and 3) actually is lol. I was fighting against two guys before. Went like this. One grabbed me and pinned my arms up. Mash X to “escape”. As soon as I escaped the other guy grabbed my arms, pinning them back. Mash X to escape. This must have gone on for about a minute and about four or five times in total. 😂

The Kiwami games are way more frustrating in terms of cheap bosses. Up to 5 now on my Hard run and Y3/4 are way overrated in terms of difficulty. The Saito fights in Y4 are pretty brutal though.

Have done 62/62 Yakuza 4 substories. Nope’d out of the very first Amon battle. Wtf? His health barely goes down. 😂

Edit: Did the Amon’s after a few more tries. Forgot that the game bumps you down to an easy difficulty after being killed twice in a row, so that helped lol. Equiped a Katana sword with every character, heat attack, drink Stamina Royale quickly, run up to Amon heat attack and just keep repeating the same method. I barely got touched by any of the Amon’s doing that.

A couple things: next game isn't Kiwami 3 but Yokoyama said he will at some point. Casting auditions for the next game is starting soon.

Firstly not ruling out Kiwami 3 is music to my ears. Whether that's next year or in 3 or 4 years I don't care. Secondly, if casting for the next game hasn't been done yet then surely it's for the next game following whatever is coming next unless they've got entire departments sitting around twiddling their thumbs. Casting auditions must mean it's something new with new characters too then. A spin off?

Lastly, the video this article references was posted to YouTube April 1st and I don't believe anything I read April 1st and the next game, or one of the next games (like getting Ishin and Gaiden in the same year and IW shortly after) actually is in fact Kiwami 3.

A couple things: next game isn't Kiwami 3 but Yokoyama said he will at some point. Casting auditions for the next game is starting soon.

Firstly not ruling out Kiwami 3 is music to my ears. Whether that's next year or in 3 or 4 years I don't care. Secondly, if casting for the next game hasn't been done yet then surely it's for the next game following whatever is coming next unless they've got entire departments sitting around twiddling their thumbs. Casting auditions must mean it's something new with new characters too then. A spin off?

Lastly, the video this article references was posted to YouTube April 1st and I don't believe anything I read April 1st and the next game, or one of the next games (like getting Ishin and Gaiden in the same year and IW shortly after) actually is in fact Kiwami 3.

The fact that they are talking about Kiwami 3 as a possibility one day is music to my ears. Whatever RGG does with this series, I am here for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back