Multiplat Yakuza games

Remove this Banner Ad

K2, 6 and Gaiden is exactly what it would be like as it's the current engine. This is where I think the optimism from fans is coming from because lots of the required assets are already current and ready to go for both K3 and a K4. So if they made those Kiwamis you would have 2, 3, 4, 6, Gaiden, LAD and IW on the same engine with 5, 0 and 1 on the other and the entire series is a lot more consolidated and approachable for new fans on modern systems.

I believe Y0 is on the Dragon Engine as well, so it'd just leave Y5, but I think that holds up well enough that it doesn't need a Kiwami version.

1708903361822.png

Guess I'm in the minority here... I literally just finished Yakuza 3 the other day as well 😅

The remaster does more than enough to bring it in line with the other games. s**t, as far as console goes it's better than dealing with Kiwami 2's capped 30fps.

I believe Y0 is on the Dragon Engine as well, so it'd just leave Y5, but I think that holds up well enough that it doesn't need a Kiwami version.

View attachment 1913567

For some reason Wikipedia and a few other places (probably citing Wikipedia) say that but 0 is on an unnamed in house engine that people just call "Kiwami engine". It's likely just a predecessor to Dragon.

I was watching something last week actually comparing the original 1 to K1. They actually use the exact same animations and facial morphs. That is the advantage of making everything in house as they can just keep the same workflows and it isn't like trying to transfer an animation from a Unity skeleton to say an Unreal skeleton. So to make things even easier they can just import all that sort of stuff from 3 and 4 and we already have current models for nearly every main character from then.

It’s insane that Kiwami 2 is basically three games in one. The main story, the substories and the cabaret club GP. You can almost say that about every game in the series.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but that's my #1. To me it is the epitome of the Yakuza series. I love everything about it and Ryuji is awesome.

Ryuji is comfortably the best antagonist in the series!

Definitely. Even though I still think Kuze is the most terrifying, Ryuji is the most complete and believable antagonist. Some are either too Bond villain or anime. Would you consider Mine an antagonist? I thought he was really good in a cold and calculating sort of way.

I am at the final battle of the cabaret GP and will continue after FF VII Rebirth.

There is no video game series I can belly laugh at more than this one. Every scene with Majima is like you have just been blessed by his presence. Some of the funniest dialogue in any video game that I have played.

Long may this series continue to be made.

I am at the final battle of the cabaret GP and will continue after FF VII Rebirth.

There is no video game series I can belly laugh at more than this one. Every scene with Majima is like you have just been blessed by his presence. Some of the funniest dialogue in any video game that I have played.

Long may this series continue to be made.

Majima is so dynamic. We get the bat s**t insane version but in 0 we get a more considerate Majima. Then in the Saejima backstory stuff we get the loyal sworn brother Majima. And then in 5 we learn about Majima being married to Mirei. I love the scenes like at the hut in IW where he can be really serious.

I also love this 🤣

image.jpg

Done with the Kiwami 2 substories. :D

The four Amon’s were not hard to beat. The fourth would have been quicker had I taken more than only a gun into the fight, which becomes useless once he raises his shield and it doesn’t drop through three different health bars. Punching him takes time and a lot of health potions since he has two swords. I guess I should have quit out and bought myself a samurai sword lol. But I did it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided to move onto the Yakuza 6 substories after Kiwami 2. I will do Yakuza 4 and 5 but just wanted something in the current engine. Yakuza 3 will be a bit of a pain I reckon, I am even thinking of YouTubing it over a few days.

I am really enjoying the Y6 substories. Nothing is particularly difficult and the mini games have been really fun. The Ahab speargun was insane lol, beat the final 2 levels with ease. The Baseball mini game is really fun and you can upgrade the teams stats really easily. Amon was an easy fight as well. Nothing stressful here.

lol - I've done 2.

I have been on a substories run lately. I have played the games about 3-4 times each but never bothered with the substories. I have seen it’s been a good decision to correct that. Totally worth the time to do them.

Most will be just random NPC substories but there will be a few that adds backstory to the main story of each game.

Just completed all the Gaiden substories. Only really cleanup as I only had a few arena substories and Amon left from where I left the game a few months ago. I sure am happy that RGG has made Amon human in the last few games. 😂

Ishin/IW/4/5/3 left. Will probably do them in that order.

I am interested in these types of games, never played them before. I have a PS5, is their someplace I need to start playing them? How about one called Lost Judgement? Is it any good or actually part of the series? Not a turned based combat person at all, so are these games turn based or not?

Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back