Multiplat Yakuza games

Remove this Banner Ad

I love taking Mr. Shakedown’s money. I have taken ¥500M, ¥750M and ¥800M from him. 😂

Best and quickest method is using the Super Spicy Knife which you can buy from the Dragon & Tiger shop at the Kamuro Shopping area and use heat around 4-5 times depending how much health he has.

Have completed 87 of 100 substories and I’m done. I watched the rest on YouTube. The ones I didn’t do were 5 Maharaja dance battles (2 for Kiryu, 3 for Majima), 5 hostess substories that are attached to hostess training (tedious as *) and of course Substory 60 for Kiryu and 40 for Majima since you need to have completed all other substories to unlock them. But having watched Amon (“Am on”) in action, he was going to destroy me anyway lol.

Really glad I decided to go play through/watched all the substories. I now see why fans of the series say they are a massive part of the games. I’ll definitely do them for the rest of the series. It was a nice touch to see some characters from future games appear in the substories.

Have completed 87 of 100 substories and I’m done. I watched the rest on YouTube. The ones I didn’t do were 5 Maharaja dance battles (2 for Kiryu, 3 for Majima), 5 hostess substories that are attached to hostess training (tedious as *) and of course Substory 60 for Kiryu and 40 for Majima since you need to have completed all other substories to unlock them. But having watched Amon (“Am on”) in action, he was going to destroy me anyway lol.

Really glad I decided to go play through/watched all the substories. I now see why fans of the series say they are a massive part of the games. I’ll definitely do them for the rest of the series. It was a nice touch to see some characters from future games appear in the substories.

Are you telling me you've played the whole series without doing many of the substories!?

Oh no.

You didn't like the cabaret club mini game? I thought it was probably the best money making mini game in the series, was stoked when it was in K2 as well.

Are you telling me you've played the whole series without doing many of the substories!?

Oh no.

That’s precisely what I am telling you. It’s sad I know.

But better late than never.
You didn't like the cabaret club mini game? I thought it was probably the best money making mini game in the series, was stoked when it was in K2 as well.

I may go back to do them in the future (I did the one for Yuki since she’s a default hostess at the club) but for now I am just happy watching them. I’ll head to Kiwami’s substories now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's always a few stinkers that end up being incredibly repetitive, but most of the charm and humour is found in the substories. You basically have the second half of the Yakuza/Like A Dragon series to discover!

Is every bit of video game humour contained in the Yakuza series? Some of the dialogue and musical changes are downright hilarious. Kiryu finding out that Fighter is getting married like it’s some disturbing thing. 😂

The reoccurring characters from sub stories are part of the charm I think. Fighter pretty much has his own story throughout most of the games (Fighter spin off when). Gondawara family is one of the most insane.

Yeah, I am only at the beginning but loving it already. Seeing Fighter and the kids 17 years later is so good. RGG do know how to build a world.

The reoccurring characters from sub stories are part of the charm I think. Fighter pretty much has his own story throughout most of the games (Fighter spin off when). Gondawara family is one of the most insane.

Have done some more Kiwami substories. Such a nice touch to fill in the gaps from the main storyline. Like running into the
inmate who tries to assassinate Kiryu in prison and why the hit was ordered on him

Yeah this is the craziest part to me of him skipping, so much of the joy of these games is seeing these recurring characters pop up in future titles.

To any new players reading: DO NOT JUST MAINLINE THE STORY, YOU WILL MISS OUT!

Yeah this is the craziest part to me of him skipping, so much of the joy of these games is seeing these recurring characters pop up in future titles.

To any new players reading: DO NOT JUST MAINLINE THE STORY, YOU WILL MISS OUT!

Just come right out and call me a flaming dumbass and only half a Yakuza fan that I think I am and be done with it. :p

I have felt like Gob from Arrested Development lately playing these substories for the first time after spending years playing and replaying each game.

1708638007777.gif

Just come right out and call me a flaming dumbass and only half a Yakuza fan that I think I am and be done with it. :p

I have felt like Gob from Arrested Development lately playing these substories for the first time after spending years playing and replaying each game.

View attachment 1911256
I knew your play style was more story first, but didn't realise it was story only!

I knew your play style was more story first, but didn't realise it was story only!

I am going to definitely change my approach from now on. I’ll do the substories for every game and for every new release, do story/substories at the same time. I think my thinking was that a lot of the substories were 20-30 minutes long and would be too distracting but I am seeing first hand that hasn’t the case at all. Big mistake on my part.

I am going to definitely change my approach from now on. I’ll do the substories for every game and for every new release, do story/substories at the same time. I think my thinking was that a lot of the substories were 20-30 minutes long and would be too distracting but I am seeing first hand that hasn’t the case at all. Big mistake on my part.

I typically do any substory that is 'on the way' to the next story beat. Feels natural that way, and not just checking things off of a list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back