Multiplat Yakuza games

Remove this Banner Ad

Try and level up before the end. The end fight can be a bit of attrition.

I’m done, the next big fight is ridiculous. Can’t be bothered grinding so I’ll just move onto Persona 3.

I’ve seen enough to jump into infinite wealth later on, from what I’ve heard they’ve fixed some of the things I had issues with.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, Yakuza:LAD/IW are definitely the type of games where you need to have all party members on at least the same level as most boss fights or over-leveled if it’s late in the game. So prepare for the inevitable late game brick wall you will hit.

While the two notorious difficulty spikes in LAD are jarring, the game is still built more as an RPG and I think they anticipated some amount of grinding by the players and not just cruising through. They probably expected players to be trying different jobs and leveling them in the dungeon and battle arena and in their testing they would have worked out how much XP a player would have playing that way and not just sticking to the default jobs or grinding for gear.

While the two notorious difficulty spikes in LAD are jarring, the game is still built more as an RPG and I think they anticipated some amount of grinding by the players and not just cruising through. They probably expected players to be trying different jobs and leveling them in the dungeon and battle arena and in their testing they would have worked out how much XP a player would have playing that way and not just sticking to the default jobs or grinding for gear.

Being under levelled is one thing, the part where they tell you to find 3 million is another.

It is so good up to that point.

Being under levelled is one thing, the part where they tell you to find 3 million is another.

It is so good up to that point.

Yeah, that was super annoying. You don’t even get lots of money in LAD playing the story, only real way is the business mini game.

IW doesn’t have the same problem with money. Think I am on about 600 million and at one stage over 1 billion and the majority of it accumulated during the story.

After I maxed Ichiban Confections I just ran that for the 10 minutes or so whenever I needed a quick 300k. Good thing it has cheat items too for gambling which I used all at once for plates and a few million to max out the weapon smith. Heaps of money from the battle arena too. Unfortunately in IW the resort is no where near as lucrative for the time it takes to finish a tour but I'm definitely getting the bulk of my income from the story itself.

Yeah, that was super annoying. You don’t even get lots of money in LAD playing the story, only real way is the business mini game.

IW doesn’t have the same problem with money. Think I am on about 600 million and at one stage over 1 billion and the majority of it accumulated during the story.

Good to know, I read there are some tweaks to the combat that make it better as well.

So I'm currently replaying the series and am about halfway through Kiwami 2. It is a damn shame it is locked to 30fps on PS5 after playing through 0 and Kiwami.

Sucks knowing it will happen again when I get to 6.

I was going to wait until I finished IW to start speculation on what's next because obviously I don't know how it ends and what loose ends there are. RGG have a really efficient development pipeline where everything must be super modular and they can pump out games quicker than anyone else. Something else will be coming and I assume they'll announce it this year. What could it be?

Kenzan seems obvious but some of the language from RGG surrounding it seems like maybe not. They said Ishin was easier to do despite the engine change because a lot could be carried over. Kenzan would be a complete rebuild, but so were the Kiwami games.

Kiwami 3 also seems logical but every game is currently playable on all current platforms. Then what, Kiwami 4? 5?

There was a line from a trailer a while back that stated Kiryu was the past and Kasuga is the future. If that's referencing the games then we might be getting more Kiwamis with any new Yakuza game as Kasuga.

RGG have stated previously that they'll be working on spinoffs so I think we'll see something with either Majima, Saejima, Daigo or Akiyama. Majima's voice actor I know is keen to do more, Akiyama is a fan favourite and he doesn't have to involve too much Yakuza stuff, and there are gaps in Saejima and Daigo's stories that could still be played out.

It will be a while until we see a new Kasuga game. I really think we'll see a new Judgement next with either a Gaiden spinoff or a Kiwami to go side by side.

I was going to wait until I finished IW to start speculation on what's next because obviously I don't know how it ends and what loose ends there are. RGG have a really efficient development pipeline where everything must be super modular and they can pump out games quicker than anyone else. Something else will be coming and I assume they'll announce it this year. What could it be?

Kenzan seems obvious but some of the language from RGG surrounding it seems like maybe not. They said Ishin was easier to do despite the engine change because a lot could be carried over. Kenzan would be a complete rebuild, but so were the Kiwami games.

Kiwami 3 also seems logical but every game is currently playable on all current platforms. Then what, Kiwami 4? 5?

There was a line from a trailer a while back that stated Kiryu was the past and Kasuga is the future. If that's referencing the games then we might be getting more Kiwamis with any new Yakuza game as Kasuga.

RGG have stated previously that they'll be working on spinoffs so I think we'll see something with either Majima, Saejima, Daigo or Akiyama. Majima's voice actor I know is keen to do more, Akiyama is a fan favourite and he doesn't have to involve too much Yakuza stuff, and there are gaps in Saejima and Daigo's stories that could still be played out.

It will be a while until we see a new Kasuga game. I really think we'll see a new Judgement next with either a Gaiden spinoff or a Kiwami to go side by side.

I reckon the only Kasuga games moving forward will only be LAD games. If RGG does a spin-off (Majima/Akiyama/Saejima etc), they will only contain original Yakuza characters.

The voice actor of Majima being very keen to do more with this series is because Yakuza is all he really does in terms of video games. So this series is steady work for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a good guide if anyone is interested in getting into the series:

Main games:
View attachment 1905068

Spin offs:
View attachment 1905069
This is a pretty good guide for video games.

And this pretty good for TV shows

This is a pretty good guide for video games.

And this pretty good for TV shows

Yeh, I always look up games on How Long To Beat. The above times are likely taken from there. Good to have it all in one table though.

Judgement and Lost Judgement times there feel off? I swear Lost Judgement was a monster compared to Judgment. Of course it might be my play style which is all substories, usually whatever the main mini game is (gangs, construction, baseball, real estate etc) then just the side games that I like. Lost Judgement felt so much bigger with all the school stuff. I know a lot of it was skippable but I think it was bigger than anything in Judgement.

Judgement and Lost Judgement times there feel off? I swear Lost Judgement was a monster compared to Judgment. Of course it might be my play style which is all substories, usually whatever the main mini game is (gangs, construction, baseball, real estate etc) then just the side games that I like. Lost Judgement felt so much bigger with all the school stuff. I know a lot of it was skippable but I think it was bigger than anything in Judgement.

If you look at YouTube’s walkthrough lengths, one uploader has four LJ missions completed inside 35-50 minutes each. LJ might be bigger in terms of side content but the main story is quicker to compete than Judgment.

I am planning on going through Y0-6 (and eventually the two LAD’s/Gaiden/Ishin) and doing all the substories. I think I have played each game about 3-4 times and not done very many substories. So you would see that I have accumulated 130+ hours in Y0 with only 3 substories completed. My goal to do all the substories across the series before the next LAD games comes out whenever that might be.

The times would be just the main story. The school stuff isn't part of that, which probably takes up the majority of a play through.

What in Judgement would rack up 100 hours for completion? I remember the drone racing which was pretty cool but not overly time consuming.

Perception is weird because how I played LJ it felt way bigger than Judgement but that appears to be incorrect.

Edit: that mini game in both Judgements where you roll the dice and land on different things is one of the coolest things in any of the games. I wasted heaps of time in that.

Decided to do some Yakuza 0 substories today. Daigo Dojima as a young kid, holy crap 😳, and Shinji, who I instantly recognised from Kiwami.

I'm about 3/4 through a 0 replay that I was casually doing before IW. It was the first time playing it since K1 and 2 the extra little things that nod to those games are cool. Like meeting Ryuji in a substory and it giving context to Majima in K2 saying "watch out! He'll steal your underpants!" Or something like that.

I'm currently in chapter 13 of IW so not finished yet (maybe today? Depends on what I try to get done) but without going to much into it as I'm starting to build my thoughts about conclusion when I finish the story and will post there, but Daigo being much younger than everyone else leaves room for not only a spinoff with him but even a current era game.

Done more substories today. “The Girl in the video”. So who’s wife caught you doing this substory? 😂

I'm currently up to that sub story on my Y0 save, and just like with the last few Miss Match in IW I'm waiting for the most strategic time to play them so I don't get caught.

The other day the wife hadn't come in my room all day but the moment I hit the girls club in IW to level some bonds she walked in to ask me something. I held the PS button so hard and quickly loaded the PS store to make it look like I was browsing games. Luckily my TV is sideways to the door so if I'm alert enough she'll never see my screen change.

I'm currently up to that sub story on my Y0 save, and just like with the last few Miss Match in IW I'm waiting for the most strategic time to play them so I don't get caught.

The other day the wife hadn't come in my room all day but the moment I hit the girls club in IW to level some bonds she walked in to ask me something. I held the PS button so hard and quickly loaded the PS store to make it look like I was browsing games. Luckily my TV is sideways to the door so if I'm alert enough she'll never see my screen change.

Haha, some of these substories are so funny. Mr. Libido. 😂

I reckon I might YouTube the telephone club substories (and the final two dancing ones, way too hard) as those seem a bit tedious and don’t add a whole lot. But I’ve worked through most of Kiryu’s and then I will get to the rest of Majima’s, 32 to go for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back