Multiplat Yakuza games

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that they are talking about Kiwami 3 as a possibility one day is music to my ears. Whatever RGG does with this series, I am here for it.

I was actually just thinking today about what I hope to see next and honestly almost anything. Except I don't think I'd be too interested in Kenzan or Dead Souls remakes. Judging the language of RGG since Ishin, Kenzen definitely sounds the most unlikely. I'd only be interested in as far as I've obviously never played it, but I'm really only keen on canon Yakuza universe stuff whether that be another Judgement, any Gaiden/spinoff or a Kiwami. We're going to be a long way off the follow up to IW or even anything on the side that might involve Kiryu.

New project = I assume a completely new and unique entry. They also usually only advertise these locally so I wonder what it's going to be and if it's even Yakuza related?

The IGN article was a translation and the wording is different. IMO I don't think this is the actual next game, but next after whatever they're currently working on.

Kiwami 3 will definitely eventually happen. It will be essentially a kit bash project at this point and will keep a skeleton crew of developers busy between work on their next project. Besides a few of the children every character and system exists and is up to date in the latest Dragon Engine. They've talked about their modular development process before so it's just a matter of piecing it together. Gaiden was developed along side IW in 6 months and K3 would take significantly less work. Ishin would have been done in parallel with the early stages of IW too and that was on a different engine with a different work flow. As long as it's not at the expense of anything new (and we've seen enough of RGG to know that wouldn't be the case) I'm happy for them to release what would be a money printer to make even better new games.

Kiwami 3 will definitely eventually happen. It will be essentially a kit bash project at this point and will keep a skeleton crew of developers busy between work on their next project. Besides a few of the children every character and system exists and is up to date in the latest Dragon Engine. They've talked about their modular development process before so it's just a matter of piecing it together. Gaiden was developed along side IW in 6 months and K3 would take significantly less work. Ishin would have been done in parallel with the early stages of IW too and that was on a different engine with a different work flow. As long as it's not at the expense of anything new (and we've seen enough of RGG to know that wouldn't be the case) I'm happy for them to release what would be a money printer to make even better new games.
A lot of assets from Hawaii could probably be re-used for Ryukyu too.

A lot of assets from Hawaii could probably be re-used for Ryukyu too.

The hardcore hopefuls on Reddit and stuff reckon that has been the plan all along. Previously K3 would have been a bigger task. The belief is that stuff is made to suit more than one project (to go with their modular and reusable design philosophy). K1 fell between 5 and 0 all using the same engine with the same maps. Then with the new Dragon Engine they remade Kamurocho with appeared in 6 and K2 a year apart, then the updated Sotenbori from K2 was used in LAD.

Since RGG recycle the other theory is Judgement 3 will be in Hawaii like they sent Yagami to Yokohama to reuse the map after LAD.

A downside to K3 would be having to play through their early trope of defeating an enemy, leaving a gun lying next to them and turning your back on them.

How about chasing doggo around Ryukyu in beautiful fidelity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back