This Week's MOTY Nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 17, 2006
Brunsy
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Portland Trail Blazers
I have finally looked at this weeks nominations, to see Kayne Pettifer there again. After sitting right in front of Brett Burton's mark last weekend, I thought it was a sure thing to win. Trying to be as objective as possible, it surprises me massively to see Pettifer on 71% of the public vote, for a mark that we see most weeks. Is this a case of a few Richmond supporters hitting refresh, vote, as a difference of 48 & of the vote between him and Burton just seems wrong. I certainly know which one was harder to pull off. But then again, majority rules.

Burtons was a better leap, and overall slightly the better mark. Thing Pettifer has going for him is the fact that it was more of an unusal jump, using the hands, which we dont see that often. Oh, and people want him to get the trifecta as well.

use of hands ala "Capper" should not be encouraged IMO

Birdman's mark was definately better.

what gets me though is the so called experts ...

they keep leaving out real contenders then giving some really terrible marks and goals unrealistic advantages because they think it is what people want to see

Rocca was robbed with his 70 metre long bomb

and give me a solid pack mark over a Capper effort any day

Pettifer's hands were only used for balance, not for climbing up and getting a ride. This week's effort was probably the least of his 3 and Burton's mark was probably better.

Nonetheless, I guess the reason it was close with the 'experts' was that Pettifer's was taken in a crowded forward line where marks are harder to take.

P.S. I voted for Pettifer, just to see the trifecta. What chances the quaddie this week?

Burton's is better but as already mentioned, Pets has the possibility of winning it 3 weeks in a row.

Not to mention Pets went on and kicked the goal after the mark. Terrific play all round.

arrowman said:
That’s it, the AFL has officially become a spinoff of Big Brother.

When does the SMS voting for the Brownlow start?
Hird might win a few before he retires if that happened, Essendon are sponsored by a mobile phone company :p

fishmonger said:
use of hands ala "Capper" should not be encouraged IMO

A Lions player took a screamer against Freo but used a hand on the shoulder to get up and it was over turned. Technically the correct decision but it does take away an exciting aspect of the game if they over officiate the rule.

kimirocks06 said:
I have finally looked at this weeks nominations, to see Kayne Pettifer there again. After sitting right in front of Brett Burton's mark last weekend, I thought it was a sure thing to win. Trying to be as objective as possible, it surprises me massively to see Pettifer on 71% of the public vote, for a mark that we see most weeks. Is this a case of a few Richmond supporters hitting refresh, vote, as a difference of 48 & of the vote between him and Burton just seems wrong. I certainly know which one was harder to pull off. But then again, majority rules.
Refresh doesn't work. Look at how many have voted - barely more than 2000, so the result is hardly surprising.

Same issue with the mark of week - 1500 votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back