Mod. Notice Thoughts on a separate prematch and team selection thread? (Poll added, please vote)

Should there be a seperate prematch and team selection thread?

• Yes (seperate threads)?

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • No (same thread)?

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Hey guys,

I'm interested in peoples thoughts on a seperate thread for prematch and team selections?

Currently team selections are posted in the prematch thread.

The problem is that the selected teams get buried in the team thread and the information can be difficult to access. It's such a key piece of information each week that I wonder if it should be put into a dedicated thread of its own?

The obvious negative is that it will generate some parallel discussion between it and the prematch threads.

What are your thoughts on this? Pro/Against? Why?

Separate threads. The selection gets lost.

I wouldn't even mind a locked, stickied thread that gets updated each week with the only the selected team in it.

A mod would need to be available at 6.20 to post in it then.

Only issue for me with that, is that I can't see any stickied threads in tapatalk.

Separate threads. The selection gets lost.

I wouldn't even mind a locked, stickied thread that gets updated each week with the only the selected team in it.

A mod would need to be available at 6.20 to post in it then.

Only issue for me with that, is that I can't see any stickied threads in tapatalk.

If the thread is locked only a mod can post in it. That means there could be a delay between when the teams are announced and when they are posted. I think it needs to be posted as soon as possible after announcement. Get Dave onto it, they'd be posted one nano-second after becoming known haha!

I'll add a poll to the OP.

Yeah that's why I said a mod would need to be available :)
Nah, don't sticky it - then it doesn't really jump out as much when someone posts in it. Stickied threads get lost (ironically...) because they are always there and so don't actually get noticed.

I am all for separate threads for prematch and selection. Why not test it and see how it works? We can always move back to current way if it generates too much cross over.

Separate threads. Perhaps the pre-match thread could be locked once the team selection thread is created via team announcement.

Do them separate. At the start of the week we generally have an "ins and outs" thread, so why not change it to a "round # selection thread" then change the OP when the team gets posted. That way all selection discussion is in the same spot for the whole week and team info is easy to find

Do them separate. At the start of the week we generally have an "ins and outs" thread, so why not change it to a "round # selection thread" then change the OP when the team gets posted. That way all selection discussion is in the same spot for the whole week and team info is easy to find

The problem with it being in the prematch thread is that the 22 gets lost in the thread. You have the same issue if you post it in the Ins and Outs thead. Not as badly, however I think for it to work the 22 needs to be in the OP.

Looks pretty unanimous to me from the poll. If someone is keen to kick it off next week it would be appreciated. Try to post both selected 22's if possible.

Back