Remove this Banner Ad

Robin Hood

Club Legend
Suspended
Jul 10, 2004
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Maybe create something where you can't start a thread until you have over a thousand posts or something? Would get rid of a lot of the crap threads.

i've suggested two things in the past

* minimal 25 posts in the introductions board before you can go into the other boards: helps with alias screening, forces the habit of quality posts, if you just post "luke logan" 25 times, you can't get in

* minimum 250 posts before you can start a thread

and a new one

* 1 week suspension if you start a duplicate thread before you pass 1000 posts (because you haven't used the search function)

2 weeks if the existing topic was on the front page when the duplicate was started

Karbassiyoon said:
* 1 week suspension if you start a duplicate thread before you pass 1000 posts (because you haven't used the search function)

nah poor idea, ive tried to search for old threads and have had no luck... would be too harsh if they couldnt find it with a search

Karbassiyoon said:
2 weeks if the existing topic was on the front page when the duplicate was started

this would be better instead.

Robin Hood said:
Maybe create something where you can't start a thread until you have over a thousand posts or something? Would get rid of a lot of the crap threads.

medium-smiley-002.gif

Oh Robin,this is the funniest thread you've ever started.Perhaps a better idea would be to create something where people who are suspended more than once aren't allowed to start threads.That would solve the problem of the usual troll threads from you and FF05.

Karbassiyoon said:

I accidentally did this the other day about a weather warning though because the thread was titled differently and I was at work and when I am I don't flick through all threads, so I just didn't know. I don't think I'd deserve a 2 week suspension for that!

RooBunny said:
I accidentally did this the other day about a weather warning though because the thread was titled differently and I was at work and when I am I don't flick through all threads, so I just didn't know. I don't think I'd deserve a 2 week suspension for that!
i agree

5 weeks would be more appropriate

Karbassiyoon said:
* minimal 25 posts in the introductions board before you can go into the other boards: helps with alias screening, forces the habit of quality posts, if you just post "luke logan" 25 times, you can't get in
Expect it to be the most spammed filled board out their, bad idea.

Disagree again, let newbies have their say, is their really that much difference between a newbie posting on a existing thread, then creating a new one just to be a troll/disruptive?

Don't like either, but if you want to make it work, that should be the sys. job of doing it, not the poster.

Mog said:
Christ, just ******** off and stop whining.

Throw your support behind Ted to be a mod and there will be no whining. You know Ted knows best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Karbassiyoon said:
i've suggested two things in the past

and a new one

A lot of that is difficult and time-consuming to monitor: the software won't do that sort of thing automatically.

Requiring a minimum number of posts before starting a new thread is a double-edged sword. Might just increase the amount of junk.

I would like to see more warnings go out for starting duplicates, but it is hard to do. Perhaps user education like the Steam boards Flash movie might be the way to go.

it's hardly giving up time

it might cut down the amount i post if i'm spending my time cleaning up topics

Karbassiyoon said:
it's hardly giving up time

it might cut down the amount i post if i'm spending my time cleaning up topics

Well you definitely can't have the job then. If you were to stop posting I fear BF would collapse.

ps. ted, do you know what is happening with a spell check on here?

Syd said:
So rather than just read your posts, you would have the ability to edit others posts to sound like you? A world of Mini Ted's??

Thanks, but no thanks.

:D
But Tiny Teds are delicious, especially the grumpy ones ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back