Tigers supporters booing Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

Calcium Man said:
Richo might be quite devoid of common sense on the field. And he can be so frustrating when he misses from right in front, or plays on and gets tackled.He may throw a tantrum, when he has made 4 or 5 leads at full pelt only to have them ignored until he is double teamed or somebody kicks it across the field where he is forced to make anither 4 or 5 leads. But he is far from selfish. He bleeds black and Gold more then any tiger i have seen in the last 10-15 years. And it is an insult to call him selfish.

He is one of the most entertaining players to watch. He still has amazing pace for such a big player. The dummy spits and easy misses are funny to watch but you can tell that he puts as much effort as possible into every performance. If he had spent the majority of his career at a club where the midfield delivery was better eg. Brisbane he would have been almost unstoppable.

Infamy said:
Please list the last time you saw him spit the dummy

I remember a game when he cracked the ****s at David Rodan a few years ago. He has spat the dummy several times in the past (I don't recall specific games and dates) and most Tigers supporters admit that. He is a very passionate player and at least you know that he always trying his hardest for the club. He is a great player to watch and is more entertaining than most of the robots who play the game now. He is one of my favourite non Essendon players.

koc#41 said:
kidding yourself about essendon contesting another spoon, they are a good side having a poor year,.... not only do we get a top 3 pick, but we get matthew lloyd back, and possibly get aker(thats all the talk at the minute)

You had lloyd last year and also finished bottom four - what's your point ?

koc#41 said:
kidding yourself about essendon contesting another spoon, they are a good side having a poor year,.... )

Yeah, and so is Carlton.. and the Kangas... and Hawthorn :rolleyes:

Good sides dont finish 15th or 16th

Essendon are a massive pile of ****, and will finish bottom 4 for the next 5-6 years

Longy413 said:
An injured Lloyd and we have had one or two improvements this year.

Lloyd playing this year probably would have won you 3 more games (ok I'll even pay 4 without checking the stats) - still think that that would be bottom 4. He is not a 90 or 100 goal FF with your midfield. he kicked 59 last year and that is about where he sits at the moment.

BlacK'n'ReD said:
By 16 points, and had one man score effectively half of your teams points. Good job, be proud of your obviously strong mob.

Actually we beat them by 47 points. 13.14 - 6.9

If i was talking about your mob i would have said "yet good enough to beat your mob twice" :D

Hird deserves all the booing he received. If he had any honour he would have refused to take the free kick he got off Kane Johnson, it was the stupidest decision i've ever seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mustapha said:
I remember a game when he cracked the ****s at David Rodan a few years ago. He has spat the dummy several times in the past (I don't recall specific games and dates) and most Tigers supporters admit that.
Yes but that's exactly my point
He hasn't done it since 2003, that was 4 bloody seasons ago
He didn't even lose it in the year we won the spoon

His reputation of being a bad kick for goal is blown out of proportion by his easy misses, of which I can't even remember the last time he did it. He still has a career accuracy of about 60% which is pretty standard for a CHF.

His dummy spits earned him a reputation, but he's completely cut it out of his game.

DaSawx said:
that comment is as stupid as the free kick he recieved

Yeah I admit it:D

I guess I was just trying to make a point as to how stupid the free kick was, I didnt mean he should actually hand it back because he would have been ridiculed even more and probably fined by the umpires.

strav said:
Suck it up Bomber fans. It doesn't get better from here.

That's the problem it's only going to get worse from here for essendon.
I look forward to Sheedy drafting another batch or old rejects this draft. :D

HotDog said:
That's the problem it's only going to get worse from here for essendon.
I look forward to Sheedy drafting another batch or old rejects this draft. :D

We are equal last on percentage. Logic suggests we cannot get much worse.

WCE will get pratically nothing from the draft for the 3rd year running, a bit like us from 99-01. And thats why we're shyte now.

I wonder where you're going.

peejay said:
Lloyd playing this year probably would have won you 3 more games (ok I'll even pay 4 without checking the stats) - still think that that would be bottom 4. He is not a 90 or 100 goal FF with your midfield. he kicked 59 last year and that is about where he sits at the moment.

He kicked 59 last year, but kicked 41 of those in the last 11 games. When his arm started to come good.

He also kicked 12 goals in the first two weeks of this season, before getting injured in Round 3.

Scott Lucas is currently on 59 goals for the season and Lloyd is better than him.

In 2004 Lloyd kicked 96 goals with a poor midfield, worse than the one we have now.

Essendon are 5th in the competition for Inside 50's, 4th for First Possessions, 6th in clearances. Our midfield isn't as bad as you think.

We've lost 10 games by 21 points (5 under two goals) or less as well as a draw. Since 2000 Matthew Lloyd has averaged 25.7 points per game.
That doesn't equate to 10 more wins, but it does equate to improvement.

Rancid_Beasties said:
Yeah I admit it:D

I guess I was just trying to make a point as to how stupid the free kick was, I didnt mean he should actually hand it back because he would have been ridiculed even more and probably fined by the umpires.
That free kick went hand in hand with Richos "mark" that he dropped, the ridiculous 50 he got a few minutes after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back