Tigers supporters booing Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarryd_S said:
You seem to have quite an obsession with Essendon, you're sure you're not a closet supporter?
no - just enjoy holding the mirror up for the Bummer fans. Unfortunately it seems they don't much enjoy looking into it

Macpie said:
no - just enjoy holding the mirror up for the Bummer fans. Unfortunately it seems they don't much enjoy looking into it
Holding the mirror up? So we post in threads relating to games not involving our team at all do we? Rightio.

Excuse me, what is exactly wrong with Booing Hird ?
As long as no one makes insulting comments about him or his family, or wish him any ill will, I fail to see the problem.

celtic_pride said:
As long as no one makes insulting comments about him or his family, or wish him any ill will, I fail to see the problem.
Neither do I. It's a sign of respect, the cretins that support Richmond boo him because their pathetic, weak, success starved excuse for a club has never seen a player as good as him.

I enjoy abusing other clubs, it's quite fun.

BlacK'n'ReD said:
OK mate, get back in your cage now.

Macpie is only telling it as it is, you lot are getting a bit precious after 1 pathetic season, I cant even imagine what you lot will be like next year if your expectations arent met.

Well worth the wait :D :thumbsu:

BlacK'n'ReD said:
Mark my words right now, we will make finals next year. Laugh all you want:rolleyes:

OH I WILL

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D :D :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still havent forgiven richmond fans for laughing kouta off when he did his knee..totally poor form!!!!

up until that day richmond where my 2nd team now i hope they finnish 9th every year hehe

celtic_pride said:

Don't you get it???? Bummer supporters have come to see James as a "divine being" For us to boo him in seen as sacreligious!! Kinda like church freaks who at what they see as "offensive" use of their symbols and icons. Also - like church freaks - they have no concern at all if the offence is directed towards the icons at other clubs. This is seen as OK because they are "false idols"

The other analogy we can draw with the Church is that this type of devotion/fanaticism is ofetn more pronounced in under-developed/impoverished societies where they have little else to celebrate. Hird worship is all these poor folk have left. In booing him - you belittle their reason for being at the ground and they weep

BlacK'n'ReD said:
Yep, I was at the game. The guy in front of me was booing him, I felt like giving him a fair clip across his head. Feral and useless, sums up Bitchmond, and their supporters, perfectly.

If Hird stop squealing to the umpires everytime someone touched him, the supporters would stop booing. He is a champion and doesnt need to squeal or dive.
The free he got when he goaled was a joke. Thats the reason everyone was booing.:cool:

Macpie said:
they have no concern at all if the offence is directed towards the icons at other clubs.
If you actually read my post (I dunno If you can read, I'm just assuming), I said booing ALL of the leagues champs was in poor taste. Get it right champ, you seem to be making up your own story in your head :thumbsu:

This has got to be a joke of a thread surely, first off the booing was a result of a soft free kick that are a blight on the game. IMO the match review panel should pick out all the blatent dives and then fine the players to stop suck acting.

And secondly don't talk to a Richmond fan about abuse towards players from supporters of other clubs, how much crap has Richo copped over the years from supporters of other clubs.

Yet the same people who are upset because the Hirds and Buckleys etc are getting abused are the one's giving it to Richo.

Macpie said:
Don't you get it???? Bummer supporters have come to see James as a "divine being" For us to boo him in seen as sacreligious!! Kinda like church freaks who at what they see as "offensive" use of their symbols and icons. Also - like church freaks - they have no concern at all if the offence is directed towards the icons at other clubs. This is seen as OK because they are "false idols"

The other analogy we can draw with the Church is that this type of devotion/fanaticism is ofetn more pronounced in under-developed/impoverished societies where they have little else to celebrate. Hird worship is all these poor folk have left. In booing him - you belittle their reason for being at the ground and they weep

Quite hypicritical after the crap your club has served up over the years. BTW, Hird>Buckley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back