List Mgmt. Tim Kelly remains a Cat for 2019

How long will Tim Kelly last at Geelong?

• He will return to WA in the 2018 trade period

• He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019

• He will sign a long term deal at Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It's understood the Eagles, together with Geelong, inquired at one stage about the Western Bulldogs' pick No.7, with the Cats then prepared to send their pick No.12 to the Dogs as part of an elaborate pick swap.

However, the Bulldogs soon ruled out any such deal and, barring an exceptional offer, will take pick No.7 to the NAB AFL Draft

Given there has been no suggestion of a West Coast player moving to Geelong, the Eagles could target rival teams' future draft picks in an effort to satisfy the Cats for Kelly.“

Don’t like the sound of us including #12 in a Kelly deal in any way, shape or form. Good thing the Bulldogs knocked it back.

where is this a quote from?

That would not only be a totally inadequate result in itself, it's hundreds of miles short of Wells' assessment that he's worth a top 10 pick "and maybe more".
I think the fear we would have is that hes a des headland / sharryd wellingham - looks great surrounded by the trinity as hes copping the 4th best playing on him.

We paid 18 for shazz and felt ripped with what we got for that.

He looks like he could be the goods but....

I think the fear we would have is that hes a des headland / sharryd wellingham - looks great surrounded by the trinity as hes copping the 4th best playing on him.

We paid 18 for shazz and felt ripped with what we got for that.

He looks like he could be the goods but....
Not our problem

Your club offered a 5 year contract and won’t pay up to get him

Shows how much your club keep their promises

I reckon it will get done for 20 or 22 plus Eagles’ R1 2019 pick.

Not as much as we want for TK but more than WCE want to give.

Everyone walks away slightly dissatisfied.

There is no way on Gods green earth we are going to get that. Seriously if we knocked that back we really have go bonkers.

It's Tim Kelly not Josh Kelly.

That would not only be a totally inadequate result in itself, it's hundreds of miles short of Wells' assessment that he's worth a top 10 pick "and maybe more".

I don’t disagree. Just stating what I think will happen.

Will be very interesting to see how it all plays out over the next 72 hours.

There is no way on Gods green earth we are going to get that. Seriously if we knocked that back we really have go bonkers.

It is an "or" in there and not an "and".

Pick 20 and Eagles first next year would most likely be pick 20 this year and pick 20 next year. No great shakes.

Huh? We are asking for a top 10 pick. We are unlikely to get it but my suggestion of 20 or 22 this year plus WCE 2019 first round pick (most likely 14-18) is equivalent in terms of points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well sure i hope so

Is your draft mega thread really called "operation get kelly"

Getting salty between the supporters hahaha love it.

You lads just need to relax and play the game deal will get done on the last day. Just button down the hatch and wait. This is how the game is always played when clubs are doing the sneaky. Managers are stroking egos and Tim Kelly shouldn't have run with the Perth scenario then reject freo lol

Just read this

Fwiw

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...ot-ruling-out-jesse-hogan-trade-ng-b88990275z

<<<
West Coast still appear well-placed to get trade target Tim Kelly from Geelong, but the Eagles are becoming frustrated as negotiations drag on.

It is understood the Cats have turned down multiple different offers from West Coast this week. Geelong have not enquired about any Eagles players and are only interested in boosting their draft hand.

1539425326704_G581SIBFJ.2-1.jpg

Jesse Hogan has been at the centre of trade period attention.Picture: Getty Images
“We’ve got a bit of work to do with Geelong,” West Coast football operations manager Craig Vozzo told 6PR yesterday.

“They haven’t actually told us (what they want), other than what we’ve read in the paper.”

One source yesterday described the Kelly situation as a “stand-off”, although negotiations are expected to continue without the bitterness that clouds some other potential moves.

Vozzo ruled out dangling promising key forward Jarrod Brander, 19, as a carrot to break the impasse, saying the Geelong product would “absolutely not” be part of any Kelly deal.

“We’ve looked at some pick swaps. Jarrod is contracted to our club for the next three years,” Vozzo said. “We made a commitment to him quite a long time ago and he won’t be considered in any of this.”

Brander, taken with pick 13 in last year’s national draft, played one game in his debut season and is viewed as a potential long-term successor to spearhead Josh Kennedy.>>>>

This article still tickles me in the right places

1. Geelong haven't told them what a trade would need
2. Multiple offers have been rejected and Geelong haven't asked about any players
3. But also lets be clear that Brander won't be traded

Seems to me that those three things don't mesh quite as well as Craig Vozzo hoped they would.

I'm far more concerned with the prospect that we might accept future picks.
Assume the best of this bad case scenario, and we receive a top 10 pick at the end of next season.
This means
- we lose Kelly for 2019, with no replacement
- the odds are 80/20 or 70/30 against that the draft pick will, in 2020, play as well as Kelly did in 2018 (only 2 or 3 of 2018's top 10 1st yearers played as well as Kelly did)
- if we're lucky with the pick/pig in a poke, the draftee might start to replace Kelly's 2018 in 2021
- but even then, his 2021 won't be as good as Kelly's 2019, 2020 and 2021 would have been.

Which two or three? Kinda Kelly then daylight to second for best first year player IMO...

Just read this

Fwiw

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...ot-ruling-out-jesse-hogan-trade-ng-b88990275z

<<<
West Coast still appear well-placed to get trade target Tim Kelly from Geelong, but the Eagles are becoming frustrated as negotiations drag on.

It is understood the Cats have turned down multiple different offers from West Coast this week. Geelong have not enquired about any Eagles players and are only interested in boosting their draft hand.

1539425326704_G581SIBFJ.2-1.jpg

Jesse Hogan has been at the centre of trade period attention.Picture: Getty Images
“We’ve got a bit of work to do with Geelong,” West Coast football operations manager Craig Vozzo told 6PR yesterday.

“They haven’t actually told us (what they want), other than what we’ve read in the paper.”

One source yesterday described the Kelly situation as a “stand-off”, although negotiations are expected to continue without the bitterness that clouds some other potential moves.

Vozzo ruled out dangling promising key forward Jarrod Brander, 19, as a carrot to break the impasse, saying the Geelong product would “absolutely not” be part of any Kelly deal.

“We’ve looked at some pick swaps. Jarrod is contracted to our club for the next three years,” Vozzo said. “We made a commitment to him quite a long time ago and he won’t be considered in any of this.”

Brander, taken with pick 13 in last year’s national draft, played one game in his debut season and is viewed as a potential long-term successor to spearhead Josh Kennedy.>>>>

Why won't you let Brander return to Geelong?! You monsters!!

We shouldn’t accept 20 + 22 just coz eagles are unable to find adequate compensation (ie top 10 pick).

Because if we trade next year we get their R1 and some.

20 + 22 in a draft where it drops off significantly after pick 8

Versus

1 year of Kelly + 2019 R1

... well we go the second option every day of the week.

If WC can’t find us a top 10 pick then we see em again in 12 months. Not sure what’s so hard up understand about that. No top 10, then no deal.
I would accept those plus one in the 30's. I think Kelly's career is going to go pear-shaped. He surrounds himself with people that seem to want more attention than he gets. I seriously don't want him at the club.

This article still tickles me in the right places

1. Geelong haven't told them what a trade would need
2. Multiple offers have been rejected and Geelong haven't asked about any players
3. But also lets be clear that Brander won't be traded

Seems to me that those three things don't mesh quite as well as Craig Vozzo hoped they would.
Hey Vozzo - which part of a top 10 pick are you unclear on ?
Not our problem how you do it, just sort it out or no dice.
Clear now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back