Time for this Board to Close?

Remove this Banner Ad

With regards to the thread title I sadly believe our board will inevitably close.

Oh mate, I don't reckon we'll ever let that happen!

And of course, as we continue to grow again as a club on and off the field, I'm confident traffic on this board will increase further also. That's what it's all about in terms of any BigFooty considerations, I'd say.

I have to believe it'll stay as is mate.

Especially since it's the most prominent message board out there for Fitzroy supporters at this point. And the fact it's listed amongst AFL Clubs helps with traffic coming into it. As I say, it's all about the traffic.

Plus it gives BF a unique distinction in comparison with other forums.

This certainly deserves rep :D
Oh forgot to mention, you can get one from the Lions shop, you can also get a Fitzroy guernsey t-shirt and/or mascot t-shirt as well, as well as a red and blue Lions scarf ;)

Oh mate, I don't reckon we'll ever let that happen!

And of course, as we continue to grow again as a club on and off the field, I'm confident traffic on this board will increase further also. That's what it's all about in terms of any BigFooty considerations, I'd say.

Let's hope you are right. Good to have you back on BF Wona

Cheers mate... wish I was down there to see us in the finals this year, of course. At some point I know I'll be making the trip though - and I'll be bringing all my drums, shakers and horns with me when I do :)

Entirely appropriate, I reckon. Like the Australian equivalent of St Pauli FC in Germany. The Demons are closest to it in the AFL, but overall, Fitzroy fits the description more than any other club.

We should go further and bring out a Fitzroy pirate flag too. A Royboy version of this...
uRugZ.gif

Che Guevara also needs to make an appearance :cool:

PS- Some of the Pauli chants are very adaptable as well. Like this one...

Cheers mate... wish I was down there to see us in the finals this year, of course. At some point I know I'll be making the trip though - and I'll be bringing all my drums, shakers and horns with me when I do :)

Maybe we can get Manson and Zanotti of the Fitzroy Gorillas to lead the chorus. The downside of finishing second means we play on the 8th (the elimination match is played on the 9th) and I won't be able to squeeze into my old Fitzroy jumper and come along for the first finals match. Doh!

Maybe we can get Manson and Zanotti of the Fitzroy Gorillas to lead the chorus.

Oh hell yeah. That really does need to happen. Someone seriously should be getting them involved on match days.

Truly, as far as atmosphere goes, I know I could create a unique match-day experience throughout the season at BSO that compares well with almost any Aussie Rules club, if I was able to be down there organising it. Got a very good idea about people and groups I'd approach too. Probably wouldn't even need a budget beyond $10/15,000 to make it happen, as long as we have a critical mass of motivated people.

You'd be surprised what could be achieved.

If there was ever a way for a demountable "shed"-style enclosure to be set up alongside part of the ground, that'd also be fantastic for atmosphere - along the lines of what Perth Glory did during the NSL days with the demountable structures at Perth Oval during that period, albeit on a smaller scale, of course. And it'd help ensure the whole match day thing goes well even in bad weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean the John Cornell who was involved in setting up World Series Cricket? No, that's a contact beyond me at this point, I'd say.

But I'm certainly intrigued by the mention of Cornell in this context... does he have a connection with our club?

I think that's a joke Wona

Ah.

As Denis Leary once said, some people laugh, and the others need an explanation.

Doesn't quite work so well when we all need one though :p

PS- I did know Nick Tana quite well during the Perth Glory NSL days. Very smart guy he was.

You mean the John Cornell who was involved in setting up World Series Cricket? No, that's a contact beyond me at this point, I'd say.

But I'm certainly intrigued by the mention of Cornell in this context... does he have a connection with our club?

Sorry Wona, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment after watching Cornell's character of vision in the Packer mini-series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back