Remove this Banner Ad

You realise what the imagination infers Yes?.....The nation of images…..Well done on proving my point then.

We think incorrectly of pictures as an encapsulation of 'A moment in time'; when what they actually represent is 'A moment of eternity'....The eternal present.

Posted this on Carlton board but also can go on the time travellers thread. Canadian magazine from 1883.

CFC.jpg

Where is the Jeff Hook ?

Difficult to see the Logic in the Penny Farthing....Particularly given there wasn't alot of sealed road about back in their day....You wouldn't want to come off one of those at speed.

I guess the conjoining of large spinning wheels with the notion of time machines is the central point.

19 years after Carlton formed. But nearly a quarter of century before the famous CFC monogram on the jersey. Impressive.

That insignia - in the bottom left hand corner - assuming it's fair-dinkum; Could stand for anything….Such As The Canadian Farthing Club.

The Blues my well have used it As the inspiration for their own insignia…..Certainly, the Fitzroy insignia is designed Along the same lines.....Many clubs world-wide have used that particular design.

That insignia - in the bottom left hand corner - assuming it's fair-dinkum; Could stand for anything….Such As The Canadian Farthing Club.

The Blues my well have used it As the inspiration for their own insignia…..Certainly, the Fitzroy insignia is designed Along the same lines.....Many clubs world-wide have used that particular design.

It's 100% legitimate.

They were first called Penny Farthings in 1891. Before then they were simply bicycles or high wheels and cycling clubs were all known as Wheelmen clubs.

It's not the letters used, it's the almost exact same style monogram that stands out.

Given how obscure this Canadian publication was for it to end up as an inspiration for an obscure new sporting club half the world away seems unlikely.

Difficult to see the Logic in the Penny Farthing....Particularly given there wasn't alot of sealed road about back in their day....You wouldn't want to come off one of those at speed.

I guess the conjoining of large spinning wheels with the notion of time machines is the central point.

The logic behind them was for exactly a reason you raised. Poor road surfaces. Having a bigger wheel at the front meant you could bridge larger holes in the road

It's 100% legitimate.

They were first called Penny Farthings in 1891. Before then they were simply bicycles or high wheels and cycling clubs were all known as Wheelmen clubs.

It's not the letters used, it's the almost exact same style monogram that stands out.

Given how obscure this Canadian publication was for it to end up as an inspiration for an obscure new sporting club half the world away seems unlikely.

So it could simply then be An Anagram insignia for Federated cycling Club.....There's way too many contingencies for variations thereof here.

and As noted ....Alot of sporting clubs back in the day, had their insignias designed As Anagrams on the front of their shirts.

I'm not seeing grounds for Any real time-lapse coincidences here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time travel is possible... You just have to pass through the Rotherhithe tunnel going south and you end up in late 20th century London.

Just one more reason not to believe anyone who claims to be a time traveller. All they'd have to say is "in 2020, the whole world world shut down because of a bad case of the flu."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back