Mystery Titanic Tourist Submarine Lost * Found as Debris

Remove this Banner Ad

EXCLUSIVE: Tycoon who turned down tickets for him and HIS son on doomed Titanic sub reveals texts from company boss trying to flog him last-minute cut-price seats for $100,000 off and telling him 'it was safer than crossing the street'​

In a Facebook post he said: 'I expressed safety concerns and Stockton told me: “While there's obviously risk - it's way safer than flying in a helicopter or even scuba diving".

'He was absolutely convinced that it was safer than crossing the street. I am sure he really believed what he was saying. But he was very wrong'.

EXCLUSIVE: Tycoon who turned down tickets for him and HIS son on doomed Titanic sub reveals texts from company boss trying to flog him last-minute cut-price seats for $100,000 off and telling him 'it was safer than crossing the street'​

In a Facebook post he said: 'I expressed safety concerns and Stockton told me: “While there's obviously risk - it's way safer than flying in a helicopter or even scuba diving".

'He was absolutely convinced that it was safer than crossing the street. I am sure he really believed what he was saying. But he was very wrong'.

The language Rush used in those text messages trying to get past and trivialise safety concerns would have got my back up 'uninformed' 'stupid' etc.

OceanGate CEO once said Titan sub's hull was made with carbon fiber from Boeing that was past its airplane shelf life, would-be passenger says​

Never was suitable for submercable, going to those depths according to James Cameron, who had steel subs.

However, this is the real conspiracy;

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised it hadn’t happened sooner

Guarantee Rush was not conducting thorough x-ray and physical inspections after every dive.

Probably be easy to calculate the failure time frame with the known variables. This tragedy was inevitable and I bet insurers won't cover them under the inevitable clause.

I just read that the submersible had dropped its ascent weights and was on its way back to the surface aborting the Titanic dive. That can only mean the crew got a warning about the hull failing. So these guys probably knew it was coming which is horrific.

The Navy heard the implosion on Monday but didn't say anything till Friday... :think:

The Navy heard something which isn't enough to say 'Oh well we heard noise they must be dead' even if the majority of us understood they probably were with or without their input. We hold on to the hope that was still there, as small as it was.

The Navy heard something which isn't enough to say 'Oh well we heard noise they must be dead' even if the majority of us understood they probably were with or without their input. We hold on to the hope that was still there, as small as it was.

Exactly. They couldn't be sure it was the submersible implosion.

OceanGate CEO once said Titan sub's hull was made with carbon fiber from Boeing that was past its airplane shelf life, would-be passenger says​

All pretty damning if true, and I can imagine Boeing wanting to distance themselves from OceanGate if it is, this stands out...I wonder when they updated the website to remove the Boeing reference?

"OceanGate's website previously claimed that the vessel was designed and engineered "in collaboration" with Boeing.
Boeing has denied any involvement in the design of the Titan."

Last edited:
This is pretty crazy, a YouTuber documents his experience with OceanGate and the Titan on a Titanic expedition just a few weeks prior to the disaster, lots of behind the scenes context

Only watched 32 seconds
To much American bs.
Don't want to know his girlfriends name.
Don't want to know what flight he took.
Just get on with the facts.

Last edited:
Only watched 32 seconds
To much American bs.
Don't want to know his girlfriends name.
Don't want to know what flight he took.
Just get on with the facts.

It was interesting actually. While he enjoyed the experience or says he did, it's not what was in the brochure.

The Navy heard the implosion on Monday but didn't say anything till Friday... :think:
Yes they knew.

"A secret U.S. Navy acoustic detection system recorded "an anomaly consistent with an implosion or explosion in the general vicinity of where the Titan submersible was operating when communications were lost," the Navy told the Wall Street Journal."

James Cameron, who knows the systems, said his contacts said they heard a loud bang over the commutation system and lost a fully encased and pressurised transponder at same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back