• No - It has it's time

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Yes - love it

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • Other - Play a different song

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really fussed. I find it amusing though how they play so much 30 / 40 year old music at sporting events these days. Can you imagine going to the footy in 80's and getting hot hits 1948 over the tannoy? I think not.

Anyway definitely could have done without TNT during Pavs' lap of honour.

Most of the Vic clubs theme songs sounds like East End knees ups from the 20's so they sort of did.

You are right though, it's something across all of our society at the moment, constantly recycling the culture of what went before without letting people form new culture.

The Liverpool FC great Kop anthem You'll Never Walk Alone came about because the fans piled in to the stadium before their games for a few drinks and a singalong to a local DJ playing the latest music. Was the case for most football fans over there.

Not sure how you could create a modern organic fan culture these days.

Why stop at TNT? Everyone already labels us as WA bogans, so lets embrace it. Follow TNT up with High Voltage, Whole lot of Rossy, Let there be Ross and We've got the Jack(Pavlich)...while the beer, rum, bourbon and fruity lexia van drives around handing out refreshments. Then we can switch to some Rage against the Machine...

Not really fussed. I find it amusing though how they play so much 30 / 40 year old music at sporting events these days. Can you imagine going to the footy in 80's and getting hot hits 1948 over the tannoy? I think not.

Anyway definitely could have done without TNT during Pavs' lap of honour.

What? Considering they play versions of songs from the Boer War, the American Civil War and the French Revolution as club songs I don't think anyone would've batted an eyelid. And it would have been better than the horrendous 80's schlock that is the Eagle club song.

Having said that, yep it's a little strange, but sporting clubs are never cutting edge, anywhere, when it comes to culture.

TNT is great though, but I reckon we should play as a pre-game intro The Scientists 'Swampland' when we to Burswood in 2018. Perth band, great song and Kim Salmon is probably a Freo fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AC/DC...certainly one of the top 10 Scottish bands ever!

Thing is like the jumper...you're never going to please everyone...

Frenzal Bomb and Wing both make my ears bleed.

We played MUSE - Uprising a few times before the game started which was good...till we went corporate again with the fireworks and countdown.

AC/DC...certainly one of the top 10 Scottish bands ever!

Thing is like the jumper...you're never going to please everyone...

Frenzal Bomb and Wing both make my ears bleed.

We played MUSE - Uprising a few times before the game started which was good...till we went corporate again with the fireworks and countdown.

It's Frenzal Rhomb not bomb and MUSE are boring and lame

Back