Summer Tokyo 2021 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Why all this Basil hate. I like his calling of swimming. Did a good job again in Arnie's race. You wanna bag someone on the call team.. make it mr non event Ian Thorpe.

He is horrendous. Sorry but the "Aussie gets a good start" only to come up last. You'd swear he was drunk every time.

Why all this Basil hate. I like his calling of swimming. Did a good job again in Arnie's race. You wanna bag someone on the call team.. make it mr non event Ian Thorpe.
Who really listens to them anyway? And enough for it to be an issue? And then complain about Australian coverage being more about Australian athletes than other athletes....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly the worst commentary ever. Great race, the americans break the world record, and all Basil can yell is about a 'Legendary swim for Bronze!'.

I know you have to be somewhat biased for the local coverage, but that was rubbish. Keep the 'bronze' analysis for after.

you should watch the 4x100m womens relay with the NBC commentary its kind of funny and i'm guessing Bazil is returning fire. Basically the Australian team is miles and miles in front and the NBC guys are commentating it like it is a neck and neck race because the US team are pushing for silver.

Dressel 47.26 standing start vs Chalmers 46.44 flying start. The 100m's will be huge.

Italians got us by 0.11
What the normal reaction time for a swimmer off the gun? 0.7 seconds or so?

you should watch the 4x100m womens relay with the NBC commentary its kind of funny and i'm guessing Bazil is returning fire. Basically the Australian team is miles and miles in front and the NBC guys are commentating it like it is a neck and neck race because the US team are pushing for silver.
I watched that. Anyone can find it on the NBC website with a good vpn.

Its quite funny. As soon as they start, the commentator said, Australia going to win, its a race for 2nd. barely mentioned us outside that.

Basil would never say that another team has basically won before the start and that Australia is fighting for 2nd. He would go
"good start by the Australian"
"The Aussie in lane 4 are fighting hard and coming back"
"the Aussie is well down lets see what happens on the turn"

Whittington aside, safe to say we've performed as expected or even slightly above in the pool so far? Refreshing change from previous Olympics (touch wood)

maybe if the level is past Olympics its OK but we had a number of people underperform in the finals so we need to look into tactics/preparation. Winnington was one who clearly and obviously went out way too hard in the first 100m (was ahead of the WR which noone has got within a second of in the last 10 years)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back