Tokyo Olympics (Brazil win Gold)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched Kookaburras win QF in penalty shootout. I like the hockey penalty method. Shooter starts at 50m? line runs in and has 8 seconds to shoot, goalie can run off the line to cut down angle. Wonder if football can borrow from that?

Just watched Kookaburras win QF in penalty shootout. I like the hockey penalty method. Shooter starts at 50m? line runs in and has 8 seconds to shoot, goalie can run off the line to cut down angle. Wonder if football can borrow from that?
MLS did it.

What’s the most gold medals we’ve won at the Olympics? Currently on 14, and overall on 31, bloody good effort from the aussies, the girls really did the heavy lifting in the pool, was an absolute joy watching them the last week.

What’s the most gold medals we’ve won at the Olympics? Currently on 14, and overall on 31, bloody good effort from the aussies, the girls really did the heavy lifting in the pool, was an absolute joy watching them the last week.
Athens with 17 gold and Athens with 58 medals is the record

We’re very likely to get one more in the sailing. From there we’ve still got both hockey teams, the matildas and boomers as medal chances. I don’t think we’re the favourites in any more individual events but will likely pick up the odd medal.

Think there were overall less gold medals by a fair bit in Athens so probably needs to come into calculations if you want to look beyond totals to percentage of gold relevant to total events.
17 gold and 50 medals in Athens and 16 gold and 58 medals in Sydney are our best two games.

17 gold and 50 medals in Athens and 16 gold and 58 medals in Sydney are our best two games.
sorry mate not what I meant maybe didn’t explain well enough, talking about the ratio of events:gold. In Athens 2004 there were 301 medal events, in this Olympics there are 339. If we’re talking success in terms of ratio of gold to total events I would envisage nothing getting close to Melbourne 1956.

In terms of totals it’s a chance of eclipsing Athens but the problem there is likely to be 0 from Track Cycling where the Danes will likely dominate.

sorry mate not what I meant maybe didn’t explain well enough, talking about the ratio of events:gold. In Athens 2004 there were 301 medal events, in this Olympics there are 339. If we’re talking success in terms of ratio of gold to total events I would envisage nothing getting close to Melbourne 1956.

In terms of totals it’s a chance of eclipsing Athens but the problem there is likely to be 0 from Track Cycling where the Danes will likely dominate.
Wha? The Danes have never dominated track cycling and nothing in any indicator says they will. The Dutch or the Germans are more likely.

Wha? The Danes have never dominated track cycling and nothing in any indicator says they will. The Dutch or the Germans are more likely.
Denmark expected to win the men’s team pursuit and probably favourites in the Madison. But yeah Other than that likely a mix of Germany, Netherlands, France, GB, Italy and China in most events.

Australia will be happy if they pinch a couple of medals and would be thrilled if they found a gold somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is frightening

Study suggests Japan will lose out to the tune of 2.4 trillion yen / $31 Billion AUD over hosting the Olympics without spectators and/or tourism generated by the event.

No wonder we won Brisbane 2032 so easily. Nobody wants the Olympics any longer, gone are the days of high profile bids and "the winner is siddey" type announcements.

This is frightening

Study suggests Japan will lose out to the tune of 2.4 trillion yen / $31 Billion AUD over hosting the Olympics without spectators and/or tourism generated by the event.

No wonder we won Brisbane 2032 so easily. Nobody wants the Olympics any longer, gone are the days of high profile bids and "the winner is siddey" type announcements.
Yes, covid is the reason no one wants the Olympics.

You've drawn a long bow there. So long that you can fit a semi trailer between the truth and your conclusion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back