Tokyo Olympics (Brazil win Gold)

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel for a lot of the athletes that are going to miss so many of the best parts of the Olympic experience. I always enjoyed seeing how pumped athletes for a lot of the sports get who generally compete in front of no/small crowds. Suddenly they’re in a full stadium with millions watching and they find another level. Still I’m sure they’d prefer this to no games at all.

That has to be the worst opening ceremony in living memory. The routines were like something a year 10 drama class would come up with. All the athletes wearing masks. Two very long speeches. No crowds allowed, only watched by 1,000 NVIPs. I had it on 30x fast forward and I was still bored.

That has to be the worst opening ceremony in living memory. The routines were like something a year 10 drama class would come up with. All the athletes wearing masks. Two very long speeches. No crowds allowed, only watched by 1,000 NVIPs. I had it on 30x fast forward and I was still bored.
It was mostly poor, but understandable given the circumstances. The drone lighting display was pretty incredible.

It was mostly poor, but understandable given the circumstances. The drone lighting display was pretty incredible.

Yeah that big drone globe was awesome. I can see the idea being used at other major events.

But there was almost another 4 hours of crap to get through. It was a bit like the Japs had a different idea from usual opening ceremonies of what would be entertaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defence is a bit of an Achilles' Heel and Kerr shouldn't take pens. Cracking match in any case.

Yeah love a game that goes 1-0, then 2-1 to the other team, then 3-2 to the original team. It's so rare to have a soccer game swing so much.

So glad I don't have to deal with the Channel 7's Advert coverage with the pesky Olympics getting in the way. RTE do a much better job, but cover less sports because they don't swap around as much. Need to VPN it to get a better way to watch as I don't think they have a similar web service to cover any sport.

The 400m mens freestyle was a cracker. We got the silver but still something great about seeing the underdog from Tunisia in lane 8 getting up and winning
Always great seeing a nation who struggle for medals get gold. Ecuador in the road race yesterday was another one, just their 2nd ever!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back