Tom Harley's Commentary Gaffs

Remove this Banner Ad

You think a way of describing having awareness of how much space between a player and opposition players is a wank? Is there something wrong with using more than a most basic vocabulary? How would you descibe Marc Murphy's ability to know how much time he has with the ball? Runing efficiency is pretty relevant to footy too and I doubt he coined the term.

'Murphy is a good player an that.'

"Adelaide by 35 points tonight." - Cometti. **** off Dennis.

Beat me to it. "Spatial awareness" pales into insignificance compared to that nugget. The funny thing is neither of the other two muppets sitting beside him corrected him either.

And did we really need Bruce telling us Heppell was playing well every single time he got his hands on the ball?

Does he sit at home and make up new phrases that may make him sound like an intellect in a bid that they will become trendy & invogue ??

"spacial awareness"

"running efficiency"
It is patently unjust to single out Tom while that second rate Footscray ex-ruckman is allowed to draw breath as a commentator.

He used to annoy me but he has grown on me and I think he's alright these days. He has a better football brain than Dennis and Bruce at least.

If you like his style then quite obviously you are easily pleased then Jezz.

Being easily pleased is not such a bad thing, but on the other hand being a constant whinger, whiner, complaining about everyone and everything is a bad thing IMHO.

FWIW spacial awareness is a pretty relevant term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he's an expert on leadership too. Sounds as if he swallowed a management text book.

Ex Geelong captain, now AFL NSW/ACT boss, maybe he has read a few books, and does know some things about leadership :rolleyes:

Maybe he is a bit straightlaced though, maybe he was one of those kids at school who was good at sport, and also quite academic, whilst having a decent ethical and moral conviction ..... you know the sort i am talking about .... future leaders.

But maybe he has no idea, went to the same school as Will Minson !!, .... that must surely clear it up.

And that school has produced 41 Rhodes scholars ....maybe that clears it up even more.

Rant over

Ex Geelong captain, now AFL NSW/ACT boss, maybe he has read a few books, and does know some things about leadership :rolleyes:

Maybe he is a bit straightlaced though, maybe he was one of those kids at school who was good at sport, and also quite academic, whilst having a decent ethical and moral conviction ..... you know the sort i am talking about .... future leaders.

But maybe he has no idea, went to the same school as Will Minson !!, .... that must surely clear it up.

And that school has produced 41 Rhodes scholars ....maybe that clears it up even more.

Rant over

So he went to a nice school, captained a good football team. Cool.

Whatever his CV is, the manner in which he confers that knowledge is dreary and formulaic.

So he went to a nice school, captained a good football team. Cool.

Whatever his CV is, the manner in which he confers that knowledge is dreary and formulaic.

Is that his fault, or is it dreary old conservative Adelaide :D, people are products of their environments, FWIW i don't mind him, but i am a bit of a stats man.

Being easily pleased is not such a bad thing, but on the other hand being a constant whinger, whiner, complaining about everyone and everything is a bad thing IMHO.

FWIW spacial awareness is a pretty relevant term.

Far too many new-age yuppified footy watchers these days who meekly accept everything that gets served up to them as suitable.

No doubt you'll end up being one of the 1000's on here who will by mid-season, be calling for CH7 and their inane commentators to be sacked immediately !!

Far too many new-age yuppified footy watchers these days who meekly accept everything that gets served up to them as suitable.

No doubt you'll end up being one of the 1000's on here who will by mid-season, be calling for CH7 and their inane commentators to be sacked immediately !!

Maybe in Mosman my friend :D

Meanwhile in the real world .........

Since moving here a year ago, I've tried to lower the tone by wearing a GWS cap down to the shopping precinct, got some strange 'down the nose' looks.

You can take the boy out of Melbourne but ........

That would do it, you might want to have a shave as well, where did you move from ..... Coburg ? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back