Recommitted Tom Langdon [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't find a thread for this bloke. Did not re-sign with Collingwood yet and had a massive finals series, so many intercepts marks even in a grand final. Wonder what the offers would be from other clubs if he's open to trade.

What would you give up for him?

Outstanding final series.
That said as a Freo supporter I’d only give up a pick around 35 for him, which wouldn’t likely get it done.
Should get a contract that he and Pies can agree on. Doubt he goes anywhere.

What would you give up for him?

Our defence goes ok and our need is midfield quality (A-grade).
Hard to say what he's worth, your board has moved this guy from whipping boy to cult hero after this finals series.

Our defence goes ok and our need is midfield quality (A-grade).
Hard to say what he's worth, your board has moved this guy from whipping boy to cult hero after this finals series.
Was mainly a whipping boy because of his ball use. His disposal & decision making has improved out of sight this year, always been a good intercept player hope we're able to keep him around.

Would actually be handy as that 6th man in our backline (if we werent confident in Duman/nyhuis), but along with Ryan/Hamling/Logue wed have some good intercept players down there. Curious as to if collingwood fans think he could develop to be a bit more attacking/rebounding too, does he have an of the pace that Ed does, or just a true intercepter?

Collingwood would be crazy to let go of him. Required player at the moment due to injuries but wouldn't get a huge amount from trading.

If Collingwood have any brains (and I think they do) they will lock him down quick.

Would actually be handy as that 6th man in our backline (if we werent confident in Duman/nyhuis), but along with Ryan/Hamling/Logue wed have some good intercept players down there. Curious as to if collingwood fans think he could develop to be a bit more attacking/rebounding too, does he have an of the pace that Ed does, or just a true intercepter?
Had pace but doesn’t really use it and doesn’t have the foot skills either to be damaging off half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had pace but doesn’t really use it and doesn’t have the foot skills either to be damaging off half back.
thats the sort of impression i got. For what its worth I think he'll stay, do think we could use him though and the club would at least look at it with Ed here. Worth more to you guys the way he played in finals than I imagine another club would give.

He looked like (or was at least used as) an attacking/rebounding half back type circa 2015. Plays "bigger" and deeper now, and is more of a true defender/interceptor.

He has 1-2 "heart in mouth" moments every game, but plays with guts and is a quality backman.

He's a Jack Lever who can actually defend, serviceable even on the bigger targets. Also takes contested intercepting marks in contrast to Lever.

Problem: Not a rebounding threat, others think his pace is alright, but it's not, he's slow.

With that being said, won't attract high enough picks to be traded, will be a rock in our back 6.

Before the qualifying final I thought the Pies didnt have a match up for Darling and he would get monstered but hes deceptively strong and kept him quiet for 3 quarters. He was one of the key reasons along with Goldsack locking down on JKK that had them on top for most the game.

I was pleasantly surprised by his form in the finals and I would expect him to sign on for 2-3 more years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back