List Mgmt. Tom Lynch - Looking at Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Not suggesting that it is negotiations have stalled, but both Lynch and Matt Crouch are playing hardball and might take a little longer yet.

Love and Respect what Thommo has done for our club, but I'm in the camp that things he should be moved on.

Gutsy POV.

I was thinking about this the other day. We've had a recent spate of club greats who went on just one year too long.

What was it Ian Chappell said to Shane Warne when he retired? Something like, it's better that people ask why did he than why didn't he.

You wanna leave the party while you're still having fun. (That one's mine, not Chappell's.)

Adelaide don't need a Forward, or a Midfield player, they require a
KPD Melbourne have one, in McDonald if Lynch wants to go
Adelaide should Target him, Straight swap (although i hope he stays)
We don't need a key defender anymore than we need a hard running lead up high half fwd and someone who creates goals

Give him 3 yrs

I'm guessing they are hoping McGovern may pressure his spot in 2 yrs time once his durabilityand fitness improves but give lynch 3

Ok so I posted it in jest before, but lets me put this out there and ask a simple question:

Trade

Crows: Out Dangerfield, Lynch, 2nd round pick In: Hogan, Pick 5, Melb 2nd round pick
Melbourne : Out Hogan, Pick 5, 2nd round pick In: Dangerfield, Lynch, Crows 2nd round pick

Who says no?
Melbourne.

Ok so I posted it in jest before, but lets me put this out there and ask a simple question:

Trade

Crows: Out Dangerfield, Lynch, 2nd round pick In: Hogan, Pick 5, Melb 2nd round pick
Melbourne : Out Hogan, Pick 5, 2nd round pick In: Dangerfield, Lynch, Crows 2nd round pick

Who says no?

Ah NO!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade

Who says no?

I wouldn't do that trade and I doubt Melbourne would want to either.

Also, why would Danger agree to go to Melbourne if he wants success?

I tend to agree, but if Dangerfield said he wants to leave?? If Melbourne offered him a massive contract? Pretty good return really and tempting.

Silly hypothetical, but if it was done, I'd be ok with it.

Fair enough.

I don't like it though from an AFC perspective....just my opinion.

And you know this??

How??

Interesting from a 1st time poster that follows North Melbourne...
Have supported North Melb all my life (passionate about North Adelaide to went for any team beginning in North) - sadly I'm old enough that began before the Crows existed. Comes from the son of a Senior Crows staffer - and as much as I ask - neither know anything about Dangerfield.

It's an interesting debate, and that's the point of bigfooty. (and you're going to get an essay from me in response)

Sydney destroyed our midfield, the three genuine talls only thrived because they beat us at our game, which is contested disposal. On that note, all of our big losses this season have been very similar, sides have matched us in contested disposal, got the game on the outside and absolutely destroyed us. That signifies our midfield doesn't have a good balance, because to be a premiership threat, we need to be able to win without winning the contested ball.

OK I agree that KPF's dont get the ball unless the midfield win the ball first but a midfield will not always win the ball hence you need a decent defence to prevent forwards getting an easy shot on goal. Plus from your argument above we should get better contested ball winners before outside mids... If you arent winning the ball in the contest there is no point in having outside mids, just good rebounding defenders...

Picture our premiership team. Do you really think that Hartigan is a premiership defender?

Wouldnt it be better to utilise Lever's agility like Taylor in the Geelong like defence of Taylor, Scarlett and Lonergan?

I wouldn't do that trade and I doubt Melbourne would want to either.

Also, why would Danger agree to go to Melbourne if he wants success?

If he was offered half ownership of all of Thredbo and Perisher?? (Melbourne supporters - ski season. It's a joke folks)

I don't know, but it looks like one of those trades that both clubs are happy with what they get and disappointed with what they lose.

I agree it is highly unlikely Danger would have any interest in Melbourne at all. Would take a truck load of cash.

Yes, Of course Lynch is better but if he wants to leave, we should try Sign Watts
IMO, Lynch will stay.

But if he did leave, we take the draft pick(s) from Melbourne, as Watts wont add to our side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back