Recommitted Tom Mitchell [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

If he were to be traded, what would Hawthorn get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

McGuire interviewing Clarkson before the game asked him if he spoke to the squad before the match and Clarkson responded not to make it about him, Shaun or Tom (I believe he said Tom).

Has another Tom at Hawthorn indicated they are leaving?
It’s his 150th.

Mitchell is 30 doesn’t make any sense for the Lions
Doesn't it? 1 year older than Neale and you guys are in your window. Seems like a really appropriate replacement to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An inside bull that's almost identical to Neale in stats and age(Mitchell had the better year), perfect replacement.
Was going to say, probably the single most like-for-like replacement in the competition.

Tom might have a couple of clubs asking for him now.

According to a poster on our board with some mail Richmond are sniffing.
Hawthorn aren’t desperate to keep him. I reckon people are going to be shocked by how little he fetched in a trade compared to what they’d have hoped

If Brisbane can somehow turn Neale into Mitchell and make a profit then that'd be a win.

Assume Freo get 6 and 24 for Cerra and have 6, 8, 24, 26. They then trade say 8 and 26 for Neale.

Brisbane end up with 8, 14, 18, 26. Hawthorn have 5, 20, 23.

If it costs the Neale compo to get Mitchell then I'd say don't do it. But there are plenty of combinations Bris and Haw could work out. Bris need points for next year's draft also.

Hawthorn aren’t desperate to keep him. I reckon people are going to be shocked by how little he fetched in a trade compared to what they’d have hoped
He’s contracted. The club will take what they deem acceptable, or they will not.

If Brisbane can somehow turn Neale into Mitchell and make a profit then that'd be a win.

Assume Freo get 6 and 24 for Cerra and have 6, 8, 24, 26. They then trade say 8 and 26 for Neale.

If it costs the Neale compo to get Mitchell then I'd say don't do it. But there are plenty of combinations Bris and Haw could work out. Bris need points for next year's draft also.
You would think 14 would be the starting point and then it is trying to workout what else is added on either side

Not sure why Hawthorn would be willing to let him go for less, hypothetically they should be asking for whatever Neale gets.

Back