Tool - FEAR INOCULUM

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
Question, is it going to be released on normal CD at any stage (I know, old man etc etc, just stream it etc) but the only chance I get to listen to music these days is in the car, and the easiest way is through the CD player. Not that keen on paying a crazy amount for the deluxe thingo. Surely a normal CD release will come soon??

Almost certainly will be at some point.

BIRDBRAIN

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Question, is it going to be released on normal CD at any stage (I know, old man etc etc, just stream it etc) but the only chance I get to listen to music these days is in the car, and the easiest way is through the CD player. Not that keen on paying a crazy amount for the deluxe thingo. Surely a normal CD release will come soon??

After all the excitement of the leak and the leaker not knowing what to do with the CD to rip it, I then had the conundrem of working out how to burn it back to a CD for my 2005 car.

After a couple of listens through I am a super fan of the album as a whole.

Much better than 10,000 days and I reckon it stacks up against their other albums quite well albeit missing the 2 or 3 hit songs drom each

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
I listed to Undertow last night on the way home and really, both albums are fantastic. One is... juvenile, the other is mature.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven’t listened through fully, only got up to 7empest. Reckon Fear Innoclum has a very “disposition” feel to the drums and Aenima sounding guitar rigs. Then Pneuma sounds a lot like Schism. Not sure if that’s a bad thing, just what I’ve noticed so far. Liking it though, seems a little more relaxed than previous albums, but still has the heavy elements we all want.

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
Liking it though, seems a little more relaxed than previous albums, but still has the heavy elements we all want.

You might find more of those heavy elements in 7empest. Parts of it sound a little bit like how I imagine Undertow might have sounded if they had Justin from the start. Probably an entire album's worth of leads in that song, too and it gets even better the more you listen to it.

I love my prog with rhodes pianos,mellotrons,analog synths,hammond organs,brass.

Tool have a very minimal sound pallette but that’s what you get with Tool.

I have seen them 3 times,first was at Alternative Nation when Undertow was out,next was at Festival Hall,Aenima tour with Richmond mates straight after a Richmond game which was amazing then I saw em at the tennis centre after Lateralis and nearly fell asleep during the show.

The sound they had at Alternative Nation was incredible,you could hear every cymbal touch,Maynard wore army style pants that day ,not the coloured blue paint for the Aenima tour.

Iced T and Body Count were brilliant that festival.

Last edited:

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
Idle thought that somehow fits here: it is now two Tool albums since Essendon last won a final. Will tonight's match be worth the wait for those fans?

My favourite band is Tool and my favourite author is GRRM. Good thing I barrack for Hawthorn, I guess.

Oct 16, 2007
Balwyn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This album is pretty meh.

Not sure why all the hype for an album that sounds like 10,000 days B-sides.

I wondered whether I would like it just because I'd convince myself to like it.

But it's just awesome. I don't think it sounds like B-sides at all. Its just the progression from that point. As it was from Lateralus.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
I guess its safer to post here than social media, you say anything neg you get your heap ripped off. The Album is great as a whole listen, got that great tool sound decending and 7emptest real stand out tracks. FI title tracks feels so much better when played together with the Album that it does as a standalone track. I feel this is the most complete album we have had since Aenima but what it does lack is the go to tracks eg Stinkfist, the pot, H, Prision sex ect. I love the way they have developed but I think its more of an album to listen to in whole and just enjoy.

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
I think it sounds more Lateralus than 10K Days. A lot more. Pneuma is like a mix of The Patient and Schism with some Parabola thrown in. Descending would be right at home on Lateralus as well. It does lack those mid length bangers like Sober, 46&2, The Pot etc but it's not that kind of an album. I find 7empest scratches the itch for me anyway. There's enough material in that track that they could have made into 3 or 4 of those sorts of songs but they somehow crafted it into a 15 minute epic that gets better with every listen.

I think its great. On par with Lateralus for me.

I will say I think it demands to be listened to as a whole album. Its one piece of work imo, and just listening to a random track here or there doesn't do it justice.

Invincible is the track I keep coming back to as my favourite.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I think its great. On par with Lateralus for me.

I will say I think it demands to be listened to as a whole album. Its one piece of work imo, and just listening to a random track here or there doesn't do it justice.

Invincible is the track I keep coming back to as my favourite.

It’s funny you say that, Maynard mentioned this idea on Rogans podcast about Tools albums, listening all at once. He said he doesn’t agree basically, they’ve never played an album in full live for instance, it’s just a collection of songs in a live show.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
It’s funny you say that, Maynard mentioned this idea on Rogans podcast about Tools albums, listening all at once. He said he doesn’t agree basically, they’ve never played an album in full live for instance, it’s just a collection of songs in a live show.
Was literally just about to post this. Was funny how he was tallking about how artists are like 'you need to listen to the album start to finish as thats the only way', then fans pointed out 'is that how you play them at shows?'

Anyway, i like the album, and i like the fact I'm seeing them live early November!

Oct 16, 2007
Balwyn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Danny Carey is out of this world, Chocolate Chip Trip makes me realise we don’t get many drum solos lately, might be because nobody today is on his level.

And because drum solos have no place in being a song by themselves. PART of another song (e.g. 46 and 2) can be fine/great if it complements the song.

I love Danny, but the fact is, we already knew how great he was. CCT is indulgent rubbish

Back