Tough guy Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

very stupid tackle deserves 2 maybe 3. Any more port will contest it. Its arguable that the player should of even been on the ground, he was wobbly on his feet only a minute before the tackle.

very stupid tackle deserves 2 maybe 3. Any more port will contest it. Its arguable that the player should of even been on the ground, he was wobbly on his feet only a minute before the tackle.

Would be very stupid to challenge anything in this situation

Thinking 3-4, based on Neal-Bullen not surprised if 4.

Starts off as careless, high contact, high impact.

I believe a subjective grading of severe will be given to "crack down" on the action, and potential to cause injury. It comes after the AFL has been attacked for not protecting the head, and so Lycett will be made an example of.

But as for the OP - needs to calm down. It's obviously a suspendable action now but it's senior footy, you have to expect the rucks to throw their weight around. If McHenry landed on his shoulder we would have called it a bone crunching tackle. Despite physical appearances, Lycett is not Ivan Milat here, it's a few weeks off but not a crucifying offence.

You won't talk me down below 10.

One arm free, slinging motion. As others have stated it is a lottery, so anywhere from 1 - 4. If it’s 1-2 he is lucky, 3 about right, and 4 on the higher end. As the player was already concussed, it will be difficult to assess damage.

Really impressed with Hinkley’s comments on the incident.

“I’ve seen it [the incident] once and concussion is the outcome,” Hinkley said.
“We don’t want and need that in the game.

“Scott will take what comes in that place.

“We’re better off as a competition when we protect the players.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand the comparisons but if he gets 1 or 2 it’d be light. 3-4 more likely you’d think, which I think is fair.

Gray was knocked out cold and carried off on a stretcher. Tell me how thats less severe than McHenry who was pleading with the umpire to stay on the ground??

Really impressed with Hinkley’s comments on the incident.

“I’ve seen it [the incident] once and concussion is the outcome,” Hinkley said.
“We don’t want and need that in the game.

“Scott will take what comes in that place.

“We’re better off as a competition when we protect the players.”

good of kern to hang his player out to dry.

#sackhinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back